Wednesday 8 February 2012

Why I like early mornings


I love writing my blog first thing in the morning particularly when it is a work day because it helps to set my intention for the day. It sets me on a path of where I can best be for the day.
It’s quiet. The house is still. Everyone is fast asleep. And not even the day has woken yet. It’s dark outside and I always feel so snug and warm and somewhat like a little girl again – stealing time on my own. Where the only worries I have in the moment are my own. The only pressures I have are my own.
The lights are low, subdued even. Giving me the time and space to reflect on what it is that is swirling through my head. It’s amazing how when I get up in the morning there is a moment when I have absolute clarity about what I want to do with my life. A moment when I am truly in the moment because my brain has not had the opportunity to start filtering and altering my thoughts. A moment when I know I am my authentic self.
Soon that moment gives way to a bombardment of thoughts and it is those thoughts that I try to harness and write about. I treasure my quiet time in the morning, when I sit and contemplate which of those thoughts is going to form the basis of my blog. Then magically my fingers start moving across the keyboard as letters pour out of my fingers, forming words, joining together to form my innermost thoughts – surprising even me in the end when I read what I have written.
I always feel elated once I have finished writing and sometimes find it hard to move away from my keyboard, my alter ego. Because I feel as if I am stepping away from what brings me alive in the mornings. Some days I have to tear myself away kicking and screaming because I have hit my stride. Other days I can’t wait to get away from it because it is taking so much out of me. And what I find on those days is I am writing to please rather than writing what wants to be written.
I realise my writing is like living. Some days we are going to be on point with clarity and vision. Other days we are going to be bogged down thinking too much about the how rather than the doing.
Wow, so philosophical and that’s why I like early mornings because I feel like I can fly...like I can do anything I want. Like I am in control. And then I exhale because I realise I am in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment