Wednesday 1 February 2012

I know for sure I do not know it all


There is one thing I know for sure about life and it is that I do not know it all. I also know that I am not the only person in the world who does not know it all. I know these things because I am human and as such am imperfect and can not and will not know it all.
As a result of this epiphany I have learnt it is okay to ask for help. To admit when I don't know something. Raise my hand and ask rather than wasting time pretending I do. Chasing my tail and never really admitting when I am going wrong.
There are so many people who are so afraid to admit when they don't know something because they are afraid people will think less of them. Look down on them. Judge them. My answer to that is - let them. The wise person knows being clever is having the ability to ask the question than not. The compassionate person knows not to judge but to lift up.
Sharing information, knowledge with others is one of our greatest gifts we could ever give to each other. Yet some of us hold our cards close to our chest. Afraid to share because we think we will put ourselves at an unfair disadvantage by giving away our knowledge. When in fact the exact opposite is true.
 When we share, we open our hearts. When we open our hearts, we open our souls.  When we open our souls, we spread love. When we spread love, we spread peace. And when we spread peace, we grow as a people because we move up in the world. Making room for the next person behind us. And so on.
So instead of remaining in the dark, pretending we can see the light when we can't, let's move out of the dark by admitting we don't know it all. And admit we need a little help sometimes. Remembering. There is always something new to learn when we are willing to admit it. Admitting. Asking. Sharing. Equals Growth.
May we all learn to be wise, compassionate and giving. Lifting each other up out of the darkness. Giving each other light. By sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment