Wednesday 15 February 2012

The Power of the Universe is always with us


Last night I drove home feeling exhausted and drained. Why? I don’t know but the air seemed heavy for some strange reason. It didn’t feel the same as the morning when I left for work surrounded by a ball of love.
For some reason the day did not feel like Valentine’s Day. It felt like something else. Something I couldn’t put my finger on.
While I was driving I was trying to understand my thoughts. Process them. Listen to them. To see what they were trying to tell me. Nothing. Then I crested the top of Rural Hill and looked out over the horizon and felt an immense sense of peace.  There in front of me was the most complex set of clouds. Heavy, dark resting on top of a clear red sky with hints of blue. The sight was breathtaking. Everything round me seemed to standstill. I felt like I was moving in slow motion. Like everything else was moving but I was in a different place and time from everything else.
For a split second I felt I had connected fully with the Universe as a silence enveloped my brain. All the chatter had stopped and I felt like I was suspended in time. My whole body shivered. And I let out a deep sigh. The tension melted and I let the serenity of that moment linger within me for as long as I could.
Before I knew it, the moment was gone and I was moving down the hill. The horizon obscured by the buildings, trees, and the hill. But the memory lingered in my mind of the beauty I had seen and felt. Truly felt.  And then I knew what my thoughts were trying to tell me.
I need to take the time when I am overwhelmed to look at what is right in front of me. And once I do, I will feel the support of the universe. Encouraging me. Helping me. Directing me. Always. Without question. Whenever I need it. If I am open to it. The answers are all there. If I just take the time to listen. To surrender.
The Universe will not always answer me directly. Not aloud but with the display of its immense power and beauty in a sunset, a tree, a flower, a gesture.  And for that blessing and message  I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment