Wednesday 22 February 2012

We are always changing


Home. There’s nothing like coming home to the happy faces of my family. Relief. Love and the comfort of my own bed.
Last night I flew back home and my trip back was a completely different experience from the trip out. The flight was smooth. Effortless. And without one bump. Looking out at the dark sky at first it seemed as if there was nothing there but us because of the flashing lights on the airplane’s wings. But as my eyes became more adjusted to the flashing lights and the dark sky, I saw that we were flying in a sky full of bright stars. Twinkling. Golden lights.
The more I looked at the stars the more mesmerised I became. It felt like we were not moving because the scenery did not appear to change. The stars seemed to be the same ones the whole way back. Nothing seemed to change. It felt strange - like we were suspended in time. Yet we were moving and moving quick quickly through the sky.
It was then that I realised the lesson of my flight. Sometimes everything around us can appear as if it is stagnant, not moving. Like we are standing in one spot. Frustration mounts. We wonder why our lives are as they are. We want something to change. Something. Anything to happen instead of feeling as if life is passing us by while we are transfixed to the spot.
What my flight taught me is that life is constantly changing. Our lives included. Sometimes we may seem to be in the same spot because our scenery is not changing, But what we need to know is that we are always changing, responding to the Universe around us every single day. The scenery may appear to be the same but if we looked closely we would see that we are moving. We are growing. But sometimes the change is not dramatic or earth shattering. But if we believe we are where we are meant to be soon we will discover that our every day routines and experiences have been shaping us to be exactly where we need to be.
Then my flight landed. It felt like I had been on it for five minutes instead of two hours. And despite the scenery not appearing to change, I had travelled several hundred miles to get home to the smiling faces of my family. And this is what life does for us all, if we don’t resist we will always end up where we are meant to be. Go with the flow. There is always a reward. Always something to be grateful for.  Mine last night was arriving safely back home to my family. Sleeping in my own bed. Feeling the love of my family. Going to sleep relieved that life brought me back home safely. Gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment