Friday 3 February 2012

No matter what I have love


It's amazing how our perspective changes in a matter of minutes, days.
When I landed in London on Monday morning, I landed in the dark. It was foggy. Dreary. Overcast. Shadows coming off the trees. A darkness. Filling me with dread. Apprehension. Worry. As I went in to the unknown of meeting my colleagues,  the weather and surroundings matched my mood.
But on my way back home, London bid me goodbye with bright sunny blue skies. Not a cloud in the sky. It was a beautiful and uplifting day. My taxi driver and I had a great chat about life. When I got to the train station, the people were smiling and chatty. People I encountered on the Gatwick Express were more open and friendlier. As I sat on the train watching the scenery fly by, I was enthralled by the beauty of the English countryside.
Gone was the greyness. The dreariness. Replaced with the vivid green of the grass against the clear blue sky. Everything and everyone seemed to be more alive. Horses in the fields. People walking dogs. Or should I say dogs running through the expansive countryside. Excitement ran through me as I caught a glimpse of a fox stealing across the field. Sly. Sleek. Yet beautiful.
I inhaled and exhaled feeling gratitude flowing through me for seeing the dark and the light. For seeing that we create the environments we find ourselves in. For understanding the fog was with me upon my arrival because I was in a fog - nervous about what lay ahead of me. Questioning who I needed to be rather than focusing on who I am.
I got there and met my colleagues and stayed true to who I am. Learning, Listening. Being. Challenging. And I accepted them for who they are recognising in order for us to be a team we have to be able to be open with each other, understand each other, trust each other. We established a great start. Relief.
I left London with a ray of hope. Knowing I have a long and steep road ahead of me but feeling more comfortable with where I am right now. Accepting. Looking out the train window seeing the sun, the blue skies reminding me of home - calling me home.
I flew home with clear blue skies the whole way. A smooth plane ride. Excited to be coming home. There is nothing like seeing my little Island home coming into view from the distance as the blueness of the water changes. Ready to see my family. Wheels touched down. I expressed my gratitude to the Universe for arriving home safely.
And then the best gift was waiting for me when I walked through the customs doors. There waiting for me with eyes wide and absolute glee were my children and my husband. Welcoming me back from my first business trip.
I remember what this is all about. Experiences to help us grow. Experiences to pass on. Love and Acceptance. My heart swelled with pride as I embraced my family and we walked out of the airport on to the next part of this journey. Knowing no matter what I have love.

No comments:

Post a Comment