Monday 15 September 2014

Chasing the moonlight

Last night the moon was hiding when I went to bed. Dark night. No light. I searched for it through my normal places. Through my bathroom window. Bedroom windows that face the south to find it nowhere. Sadness at first because I enjoy the moon. Enjoy its light just before I go to sleep. The shadows it casts through my shades. None as I went to bed. Darkness. No shadows. No images. No light.
Then  I woke at 3.30 to find a light shining through my bedroom door shade. Getting up thinking the motion lights had come on only to find the moon high up in the dark sky shining down through my windows. Higher than normal. Lying slightly on its  back. Casting shadows. Images I wanted to see when I went to bed but here they were now. Strange feeling at first because the moon was not where I had anticipated it would be. Not where it normally is when I go to bed nor where it normally is when I wake at that time of the morning. Normally it is shining through my bathroom windows when I awake through the night.
I got up to go to the bathroom. Opened the door and was taken aback by the darkness. The lack of the moon light shining through my windows. Forcing me to turn on the bathroom light rather than rely on the light of the moon. Artificial light in place of the light of the moon. No dancing shadows on my blinds. No light of the moon.
Strange how I have become so attached to the moon and its light shining through my home when I sleep at night. How I have come to expect it to be in places where it was not last night. Only for it to fool me last night and shift its position to the other side of the house. Teaching me the light is always there just not where we expect it to be always but always there nonetheless. That sometimes we have to change our perspective and expectations in order to find the way. To find the light.
That when we expect life to always be a certain way,we will find  ourselves plunged into darkness. And if we continue to live that way, we will never find the light. The light that is always there waiting just for us to find it. Asking us to shift, to be flexible and open. To not be rigid in our thinking. Allowing us to understand that when we are willing to remain open and to adjust the way we live, the way we think, we will find the light. The light that has shifted because its place is no longer where it used to be. As should we.
Letting me know sometimes we have to move on. Move away from that which no longer serves us. No longer fulfills us and in  doing so we will find the light again,. The light that is always there for us. Guiding us to find our way home. To find our truth. To be our truth.
Waking this morning to find the light of the moon still streaming on the opposite side of my home. Reminding me that life is not always meant to be lived exactly the same way. Sometimes we have to be on the opposite side of where we were in order to live our lives to the fullest. In order to bask in the light of the moon. The light that shines for us even on our darkest night.
And as I finish this blog, I could not find the light of the moon. All I could see were the stars illuminating the dark sky from my windows. Casting different shadows. Radiating different light. Making way for the night to become day. For the light of the sun to replace the light of the moon. Letting me know there is a time and place for everything, all when I accept the shifting light of the moon mirrors the shifting light in me.
And then Sally, the cat, wanted to go outside so I opened the door for her and something told me to look up and there was the moon still hanging on. Still lying on its back, high, high up in the sky. almost directly above my home. Explaining why I could not see it through my windows.
Tricky moon, elusive moon, the one I thought I had gone was still there. A puffy cloud to its right and stars, an abundance of stars to its left and above it and I knew somehow the moon was letting me know, its light is always there for me when I am willing to find it. To chase its light and allow it to fill me with hope and love and light. Letting me know in its mysterious way, there is always light when we are willing to adjust the way we view the world. Always. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment