Monday 11 August 2014

The magic is always there

Last night I stood at the window looking out at the super moon. Its perfect roundness like the pregnant belly of a woman about to give birth. Its radiant light seeping into my soul. Filling me with abundance, joy and the belief that all is possible when I believe it is. When I surrender all to the All. When I accept every step I take, every decision I make, every choice I make, is leading me to the place I am meant to be. The place I am right now. The place I always am.
Last night I followed the moon from window to window seeking to be embraced by its magic, its love, Its light. Looking for the shooting stars that were meant to be. Wishing and hoping they would appear just for me against the backdrop of the super moon. My heart sinking each time I moved to another location and there were no shooting stars to be seen. Not one for my eyes to see. Not one for my heart to feel. There was no magic. Disappointed there was none for me.
But then I realized as I got up several times during the night hoping it would be my turn to see the magic of the shooting stars whizzing across the sky that they were there. Just not meant for me. That sometimes we have to just believe in magic without seeing it happen directly before our eyes. That sometimes the magic is happening but for others who need it more than we do but it is happening nonetheless.
That sometimes we just have to believe in what we can’t see. Even when what we are looking for, seeking does not become visible for us. And just because it is not visible for us does not mean it is not happening somewhere, someplace else for someone more needy than we are. And when it does, it does not mean we are less worthy. No it means we are already full and it is time to fill someone else.
Last night I lay in bed watching the dance of the moon through the shadows of my blinds. Hoping to see the miracle. The miracle of the shooting stars against the backdrop of the super moon. Disappointed when they did not come. Thinking of how when I was a young girl, I used to see shooting star after shooting star until I took them for granted. Until I expected they would always appear when I called upon them. But now that I am a woman they do not appear near as much. Is it because I gave up on the magic? Is it because I expect it too much? Is it because I stopped being and started seeking instead of just being where I am meant to be? As I did was when I was a child. When I made no demands on the Universe. I just did and allowed what was meant to be, to be.
Last night I stood at the windows. Moving from one window to the next seeking the magic instead of just allowing the magic to be. The magic that is all the time when I accept it is always there and it does not need to prove it exists just for me when in fact it exists for us all. Realizing this morning the magic was in the moon. The super moon that kept coming from behind the clouds. That kept coming through the clouds shining its light to remind me that the light is always there even when we think it is not. Even when I think it is not. The magic is always there even when I think it is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment