Saturday 9 August 2014

Sometimes love sneaks in

Sometimes love sneaks in and fills me up such that all I see and feel is love. Like last night when my husband of 22 years and I went out on a date night. It all began with yesterday morning when I was meditating and I had this overwhelming sense of love flood through me during my meditation. Like my soul had connected with another on a different dimension full of love. All I could see behind my closed eyes was the colour pink bursting and swirling like a screen of magic.
And when I came out of my meditation, I saw that my husband had left a note in the middle of my desk that said “Love you. Bye XXX”. When I called him, he told me, he had stood by me for a bit trying to decide what to do because he knew I was deep in my meditation. Because he had to leave,  he decided to leave me a note so when I came out of my meditation, I would not wonder where he was. Explainging the feeling of love I had felt during my meditation. A feeling that had filled me for the day. Filled me with such a feeling of pure and unconditional love.
Our son had gone to his friend’s house for a sleep over and our daughter is still away at her camp so we decided to take advantage of this free time to have a date. We got dressed and went out hand in hand to the new Indian Fusion restaurant, Ruby Murrys, in the Chancery Lane and had the best time. The food, ambiance and people that had chosen to come to the restaurant at the same time as we had made for a beautiful, romantic and fun evening. 
We laughed and talked like the couple who had met some 24 years before. Reminiscing about the path life had taken us on and will continue to take us on. Talking about how proud we are of our children’s relationship with each other. Talked about the things that concern us about them. Talked about the love we still share after all these years together and still more to come.
It was one of those pure moments that sneak up when we least expect. My husband telling me that after all these years, he is so pleased he married me. So pleased he followed his instincts from our first date when he knew I was the woman for him even though I would not allow him to kiss me. The first date where he introduced me to the philosophical side of life when he drew on a napkin that the journey is far more important than the destination. Words I never forgot. Words that when I am lost in the down of our relationship I cling to to keep me whole.
Last night was one of those magical moments in our marriage. One of those moments that I will always go back to when we face the dark side of marriage as we have done many times before and will most certainly face as we move forward in our relationships. What I have learned over the many trials and tribulations of our marriage is that love is much more than the physical. It is something that comes from a place deep down inside which comes forth such that the physical fades into nonimportance. Surpassed by the soulful and deep love that comes from our most childlike and innocent as well as vulnerable center that controls all in our lives. Such that when we tap into this place, this vulnerable place, and are willing to go with it, the love that comes is a love that is indestructible even in the face of darkness because it is a mature love. An accepting love. A sustaining love. A love that grows as we grow as individuals. A love that allows for individuality even when it scare us. Shakes us to the core.
To my husband who could not be any more opposite than me in more ways than one, but at the core we are the same, thank you for still loving me after all these years together. For still finding me attractive. For weathering so many storms with me and still making me laugh. For being a great father, partner and jack of all trades, and the greatest love of my life, thank you.
For a great date night and love, I am truly grateful. Looking forward to many more. With love and appreciation…

No comments:

Post a Comment