Friday 8 August 2014

On those days when we don't know

On those days when we don’t know
Where to begin
Where to turn
Where to start
Who to start with
What to do
What to start with
When to start
When to stop
When to go
When we are stuck
Spinning round and round
That’s when we are being asked to trust
Have faith
Believe
We are where we are meant to be
Even in the stuck state we are in
Perhaps we are being held
There where we are
To stop us from moving into something
Not meant for us
Perhaps we are being held for our greater good
And the greater good of those with us
To keep us there
To force us to ask
Who am I
What do I want
Am I jumping because I am afraid to stay still
Am I afraid of the voice that is telling me
Talking me through
This place of darkness
This place where I feel I can’t breathe
This place that feels like it is sucking me in
The question then becomes
Why do we feel so stuck
Why do we feel like we can’t breathe
Why does it feel like every step I take
Or don’t take
Takes me backwards
Drags me
Further into the darkness
Further away from the light
Sucking me back
Pulling me down
Dragging me down
And down
Forcing me to question who am I
What do I want
Everyone else is moving
Everyone but me
Why me
I question over and over again
Help me to find what it is
I asked to come here for
Help me to see the light
In this cold dark place
Help me to understand the people
I am stuck with
The people that don’t seem to want to move either
Help me to understand
Why we are all pulling each other down
Instead of helping each other up
What is this place
This place of waiting
This place of standing still
This place where there is no movement
Where the air is still and stale
Taking my breath away
My will away
Question after question
Comes into my head
Filling me with gloom
A dank and dark gloom
That snuffs out the light
Until I really stop trying
Until I let go
Giving me space to go to the window
The window where I see the moon
Pushing through the dark clouds
On an otherwise dark night
With each gust of wind
A dark cloud is moved from the moon
Allowing its light to shine through
The light that is always there
But obscured sometimes by dark clouds
Allowing me to see
And understand the allegory
Right before my eyes
Allowing me to go to the place of no noise
To go to the place of silence
The place of my inner voice
The place where the Divine resides
And I listen
Really listen
To the voice
That tells me
I am being held in this dark place
Because I refuse to hear
Refuse to let go
Refuse to want to surrender
To the all knowing
That is holding me here
To save me from a fate that is not mine
To build me for the fate that is mine
To allow me to know
There is no right or wrong
Black or white
Everything resides somewhere in between
And sometimes I will be left in the wilderness
In the darkness
In the waiting place
So I can grow
Into the person I asked to come here to be
Because there is always light
Even on our darkest days
Sometimes it is just obscured by our vision
Our own darkened vision
By the dark clouds that come
To help us to remember
That even the darkness is temporary
The light is always there
Always waiting for us
To remember our power
Our power within
That guides us and sometimes
Hold us
Until we are strong enough
To stand in our own light
To be our own light
Because even on those days 
When we don't know
We think we don't know
We convince ourselves we don't know
We always know
Always know



No comments:

Post a Comment