Monday 18 August 2014

Grateful my family is back together again

Last night I could not sleep. I was so excited that my family is back again. Wired from the adrenaline of travel. From the excitement of all that we have experienced thus far as a family but at the same time feeling a twinge of sadness about the swiftness of time.  It seems the summer is slipping by so quickly with everyone here and there. Doing our own individual things to help with our individual growth. But now we are together having some quality time as a family. Back at our home away from home in Smuggler's Notch, Vermont. A place we have not been for a few years but a place we feel like we have always been when we return.
We drove from the Catskills through the mountains and highways. Away from my daughter's dream come true camp to JFK to take our flight to Burlington, Vermont. Early in the morning when there were very few people on the road allowing us to relax on our journey back. Giving us a much different experience from the journey we had on the way there. And somehow with our family balanced again with the male and female energy, our journey felt that much more tolerable and enjoyable.
The torrential rain that had been predicted for our drive did not hit us, thankfully, until we were nearly at the airport allowing us to enjoy the scenery for most of the drive and allowing the drive to fly by. When we landed in Vermont much to our surprise the rain that had been predicted there had stopped and we were greeted by the green lushness that is indicative of Vermont. Our state home welcoming us back home in her full glory. Trees and grass so green it felt magical. There is nothing more magical than nature at its best.
When we arrived at our timeshare everyone felt at peace. Like we are home. We sat on our enclosed porch looking out over the mountain range chatting and laughing about the experiences we had shared individually. Bringing each other up to date about our individual lives. And despite the chilly but clear weather outside, we were warm on the inside. Warmed by our family love. and our togetherness.
Later on, our son and daughter happy to be reunited, so off they went together to play table tennis while I got our home set up. Seeing the two of them back together again even though they bickered off and on filled me with so much joy.
While everyone else was fast asleep,  I was restless thinking about I don't know what. All I know is that I could not wait to see the rising sun over the mountains in the morning so I watched the clock as every hour rolled by. Until I could take it no more and got up early on our first real morning of our family vacation. Only to find the mountains totally hidden by the clouds, mist and rain. I was disappointed at first until I decided there was no need to be disappointed. No need to feel sad. No need to allow expectations to cloud just how blessed I really am.
My family is complete. Everyone is together in a relaxed and unrushed way. We are staying in a beautiful place and we have no plans to do anything except to be together. So perhaps that is what the Universe is reminding me of this morning as I look out over the grey mist shrouding the mountains and the trees. Nature is giving me the gift of silence, of nothingness to allow me to see even on those days when it is cold, rainy and grey, there is always sunshine. The sunshine that dwells in our inner most selves. The sunshine that let us be grateful for where we are as we are always. No matter what the physical feels like or looks like.
With gratitude for the silence of this Monday morning with my family complete and my soul feeling complete and joyful that I woke up this morning to see and experience all the wonders that await me. Happy Monday everyone from cold, rainy and misty Vermont. No complaints from me. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment