Tuesday 12 August 2014

Replacing emptiness with joy and surrender

Feeling empty at the moment
Like something is missing
It is missing
Such a weird feeling
To be childless
So strange to have no children around
A glimpse of what is to come
When my children go on to adulthood
And leave my husband and me behind
Much sooner than I ever thought I would know this feeling
Never dreaming they would be ready to go so soon
Leaving my heart feeling empty
Restless
My hands idle
As I wait for them to contact
As I hope they are well
As I wish them well
As I send them love and light
As I wonder if they are making good decisions
As I hope they understand and remember
Every decision they make
Has a knock on effect
That one thing leads to another
That to make it
They have to be strong
Yet gracious
Considerate
Yet self-determined
That they are making a mark in the world
Every time they turn
That what they give out
They will receive in return
As a mother, I pray for them
From a well deep within
A well that never runs dry
A well that is pure and unconditional love
A well of total openness and vulnerability
A well that overflows
Because it is the well of my essence self
That is forevermore attached to my children
No matter where they are
No matter where they may go
We are always attached
Always one
Because we were one once
My heart is empty
My soul is bereft
Until I breathe
And go deep
To tap into that place
That place of connection
That place that allows me to let go
To surrender to the moment
The moment that is now
That says a mother’s love never dies
It only grows and expands with her children
A mother’s love is the purest love
When she loves herself first
And shows her children how to love
Just by being love
Without judgment
Without shame
I am missing my children this morning
The house feels empty
I look in their rooms
Expecting to see them
Expecting to hear them
Expecting to hug them
And tell them I love them
And hear them tell me they love me in return
But they are not there
Their rooms are empty
The house is quiet
Their presence missed
Physically
But felt spiritually
From that connection
That special connection that comes
When I close my eyes
And feel them with me
When I connect with them on a much deeper level
And then I remember
I only have them for a short time
So I cannot crowd them
Cannot suppress them
Cannot hold them back from who they are
And what they are here to do
So I let go
Let go of the emptiness
And allow it to become joy
Joy that they are confident enough
And sure enough
To go
Knowing there is always a place
A place for them to return
And that place goes beyond the physical
It is ethereal, spiritual and ever present
It is the place of pure and unconditional love
To my son who will be back later today
To my daughter who we will see soon
Know that you are loved
I hope you remember
No matter where you are
No matter what you become
You are loved
You are loved
You are loved
Missing you both terribly
But loving that you are growing
And expanding your horizons
Beyond the confines of our home
Remembering always
You are loved



No comments:

Post a Comment