Tuesday 22 July 2014

The call of the voice within

Need I fear what I do not know
Do I create what is 
Truly 
From what I believe
Am I really that powerful
Is it really that simple
And if I am that powerful
And if life is so simple
Why do I fear so
Need I fear for my future 
Or am I just meant to live
Need I worry about what tomorrow brings
Or do I stay rooted to this moment
This point in time
This present that is mine
How do I stop my mind from wondering
And from wandering
From straying into the dark
Where I feel I can't see
Let alone breathe
How do I stop myself from getting all up in a tizzy
When things don't work out as planned
When life seems to have different plans for me
Leading me down an unknown path
A path least expected
A road less travelled
Where there are no maps
No detours
No exits
Because the journey is unknown to anyone 
But me
Where I have to draw my own maps
Find my own paths
Chart my own course
My own exits
If any exist
How do I stop myself from projecting into that place
That far away place
That removes me from my own voice
That drowns out my voice
And replaces it with noise
White noise so I can’t hear
How do I keep myself grounded in the now
When the now seems to be coming unglued
Or is it just projecting my fears 
And my fears are causing the glue to come unglued
Because I am too afraid to listen
Too afraid to stop
Too afraid to be who I know I am meant to be
Was born to be
Asked to come here to be
How do I know who I am really
When the world keeps demanding I am someone else
When people keep expecting me to be
Someone 
I am not
When does it end
Where does it end
How do I stop the white noise
So I can hear
So I can stop running
And just stand still
Where my voice becomes her voice
And we become one
Standing in the midst of our silence
As we surrender to the call
The call of the voice within




No comments:

Post a Comment