Thursday 10 July 2014

Accepting my wings

Something magical and liberating is happening with me this week. Something that is allowing me to let go of things that I cannot change. Something that is making me feel lighter, brighter and more patient.
Something that is allowing me to tap into the Universal flow. Accepting that I may not know it all but I can feel what is right and wrong for me. Accepting that sometimes I may not make the best decision but I make the decisions that resonate with me at the time which ultimately makes it the right decision even if things don’t go exactly as planned. I realize they are going as they are meant to go. And it is better to make a decision than not because we are worried about how others may feel rather than how we feel.
Something is happening inside me this week that is allowing me to surrender. Surrender everything to the way it is meant to be. Not fighting anything. Not resisting anything. Just going with the flow. And in doing so I am opening myself to believe in magic, fairies and gold at the end of the rainbow. Because funny enough I know I am all of those things.
Something wonderful is happening to me such that I am reframing my thoughts. Instead of complaining about things, I am either accepting them for what they are or doing something about them. Recognizing that life is very short. That it is up to me to do what feels right for me and not necessarily what feels right for everyone else. Accepting that if I am not happy, nothing or no one around me will be either. That selfishness need not be confused with selflessness.
As I write I realize it is because I was driving down the street the other day thinking about life. My life, Marveling at the fact that I am 51 already - the reverse of my son’s 15, five times the 11 years of my daughter and realized that it is very unlikely that I have 51 years left on this Earth and I felt a tug at my heartstrings. A tug that reminded me this is my life and until I accept it is, I will always be the living the life of everyone else. Liberating me from the shackles of my own mind. My self imposed bars.
And this morning I know that realization is an acceptance on my behalf that I am who I am where I am right here, right now. That today I may feel entirely different than I did the day before and I may the day after but for now I am as I am where I am. I have to accept me and the situations I find myself in as what I asked to come here to deal with. That knowing I have less years ahead of me than I do behind me is waking me to live my life as I feel it is meant to be lived.
And that is what is happening to me right now. I am accepting my mortal, flawed and beautiful self for all I am at this present moment and I intend to enjoy every single moment while I am here. With gratitude and grace like the butterfly that has discovered her wings and that she could fly all along, so am I. So am I. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment