Thursday 3 July 2014

Giving myself the gift of time and rest

Giving myself the gift of time and rest is something I rarely do but when I do I feel both guilt and relief at the same time. Guilt because I feel I could be doing so much more. Relief because my body feels at peace and grateful that it has time to do nothing.
I am on vacation this week with my daughter as I decided after dropping our son off, we could just hang together and enjoy each other’s company. We just arrived home yesterday after an action pack few days in lovely Boston and we are both exhausted. There was so much that we managed to accomplish when we were in Boston that I decided to just be for the rest of this week.
This morning I rolled over at 5 am looked at the clock then decided I would go back to sleep for a while.
That while turned into 3 and a half hours later explaining my late blog today. I felt a twinge of guilt about that too but soon got over it because I write this blog for me first. To talk about where I am first and foremost. I should not be pressuring myself to meet deadlines. To meet anyone’s expectations because if I start doing that then my blog loses its authenticity and becomes something other than where and who I am.
So for those wondering where I was this morning. Here I am now. Feeling refreshed and ready to start this new day in whatever way I deem fit and at the moment it’s to be rather insular. Those who know me well will feel good that I did rest rather than going at a million miles per second all the time.
It feels so good to have no plans. Nothing on the agenda except rest. Except just being. Listening to beautiful music. Listening to my thoughts. My daughter and I enjoying some much deserved down time rather than rushing all over the place at once. How wonderful and liberating is that. 
And then as if my angels were speaking to me, my quote of the day says, “I begin the day by reminding myself that Life supports me and wants me to be fulfilled and happy”. I felt so much lighter and so much more deserving of this time because I felt my angels were shining down on me. Affirming that I have permission to just be. To laze about today if I so desire with no intrusions or interruptions from anyone unless I allow them in.
So the next few days I am claiming as purposeful days of me time with my husband and daughter  and anyone else I wish to include in my circle. It is not a selfish action but a self-affirming action that I am embarking on for the next few days. Sometimes it is okay to be where I am and love where I am without having to seek anything or anyone. So that’s my plan.
I am claiming this gift of time and rest with a huge smile on my face. Acknowledging the guilt that will undoubtedly wash over me from time to time but not letting it weigh me down as I become one with the gift of time and rest I am bestowing upon myself. So if my blogs are late over the next few days you know why because I have no plans for anything. I am surrendering to the nothingness that is the all of my existence as it is yours. As it is for all of us.  Namaste and enjoy your day today too. I deserve it as do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment