Monday 14 April 2014

Whose dreams are they anyway?

Yesterday I had a very upsetting experience that sent me on a downward spiral causing me to write this passage:
“What happens when what we thought we were sent here to do becomes out of our reach. Becomes someone else’s story and not our own.
What happens when we get the wind knocked out of us. When our dreams seem impossible and become the dreams of someone else?
What happens when we discover our passion is really not our passion. But is an excuse to keep us on focusing on something outside our reach. Rather than focusing on what is within our reach.
How do we recover from the reality that what we thought was our reality was really a fantasy and not our reality at all? 
What happens when who we thought we were and are is untrue? False and not us at all.
What happens when someone tells us that what we thought we were good at, we really aren’t?
Do we believe them and give up or do we continue to do what we love and eventually doing what we love turns into the reality we have been striving for all along?
Questions so many questions because I have been knocked down yet again. Something I was striving for has proven to be out of my reach. Has proven to be someone else’s dream and not my own. 
I am teetering on the brink of sadness and relief. Trying to grapple in my mind about which emotion is better felt by me.
But here’s something that I am starting to believe. To accept. Rejection often comes before acceptance. Criticisms often comes to help us to see our own flaws and not the flaws we see in others. When we are directed away from something we thought was good for us, we are being helped to get to the place where we will be the most effective.
And sometimes it is not in the route we were expecting. The people we were expecting. Or in the method we were expecting. Sometimes the light comes from just plodding along. Taking one step at the time. Remaining present in the moment. Not wishing for something that may not be ours. But accepting of what is ours.
And sometimes it can be very slow or much later in our lives. 
And in doing so we see the circle of life. We learn patience and endurance and understand one minute we are up and the next down. We are tested to see if what we dream of is what we really and truly want.
Because if we give up with the first no. With the second no. And the third no then our dream was not ours it was someone else. 
So I am learning rather than looking at the missteps as missteps, they are actually steps in the right direction. Redirecting me to bring out the best aspects of who I am, not who I think I ought to be.”

Right after I wrote that passage and surrendered my feelings to the Universe, my husband brought me out of my downward spiral by telling me a wonderful story of triumph becoming my angel without even knowing what he was doing. And as result I wrote this passage:

“Life truly is beautiful. It lets us know when we are on the right track. And when we need to be redirected
It gives us boosts when we need them the most.In the least expected ways. From the least expected people. At the least expected times.
I am writing with a vengeance at the moment with a huge smile on my face. Because an angel came in the form of my husband by telling me the story of who the Beatles were rejected for a recording contract by a man who said guitar groups were on their way out. And how they went on to become one of the greatest bands in history.
Imagine if they had believed that man. Imagine if they had stopped believing in their dream because one man could not see what they felt in their hearts. What they knew to be true about who they were. They would have missed out on becoming one of the greatest recording bands ever. They could have gone back home buried their heads in the sand. Felt sorry for themselves and thought life was hard. Instead they believed and they continued to believe and worked hard at their craft until the rest of us saw and believed in them. Until their spark caught fire and became as explosive as they believed it would.
We are all here for different reasons. To bring different experiences and lessons into this world. And sometimes that means doors will slam in our faces. People will reject us. Life will become difficult. Sending in directions we do not anticipate. But if we believe in ourselves. In our dreams. No matter how many doors shut in our face. No matter how many rejections we get. We will eventually find the door that has been waiting for us to enter. The door marked Enter with our names on it.
And when we walk through out door, the light will emanate from us for the world to see. Because when we believe in who we are and do not allow our dreams to be derailed by anyone, a light radiates from our inner soul. Because we know our dreams are dreams, belonging only to us and to no one else. 
allowing us to understand why there are some who make their dreams come true and others who believe dreams do not come true because they do not believe in themselves.”
Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment