Tuesday 8 April 2014

A write off day turns into a write on day

Yesterday was one of those days when I thought everything was going to be a write off. It started with me getting up early to meditate and to write my blog. To sit outside on our closed in veranda and look out over the predawn sky on my own. To watch the fiery redness of the clouds as the sun fought its way to awaken the day. And just as I was enjoying my meditation, the music cut off abruptly and without reason. I opened my eyes to discover the Internet had dropped out. Leaving me without the beautiful music to finish my meditation with and without the means to post my blog. Then to top that all off when I looked into the bedroom I discovered my husband had woken up sending my anxiety barometer through the roof.
Believe me it’s not because I don’t love my husband. I do, I really do but my early morning ritual is mine and mine alone. I don’t like anyone in my space until I have meditated, written my blog, posted it then surfed the Internet for a while seeking daily inspiration and my fix for Scandal buzz. Seeing that my husband was awake during my quiet time irritated me to no end especially since my patience was short because I had no Internet.
I left my ear plugs in hoping he would get the message that I did not want to be disturbed but he didn’t because not only did he come into my space, he started talking to me as well. Sending me in a tail spin, thinking this man and I have been married for 22 years and together for about 24 year years and he ought to know by now that this time of the morning is my sacred time – alone. But he was bubbly and trying to make conversation with me- his wife whose morning had not gone as planned. Talking to me while I was trying to make the best out of a bad situation by writing my blog even though I could not post it right away. Trying to convince myself that if I wrote it without panicking too much, the Gods would smile down on me and let the Internet come back up after I finished my masterpiece. But my husband was now disturbing my peace.
To save the peace I smiled politely at him and told him I was in the middle of writing. Bless his heart he got the message but still sat next to me not realising I didn’t want anyone in my space. My pressure went up higher but then I put myself in his shoes and thought how sweet it is that he wants to be in my space at this hour in the morning so we could watch the sunrise together. So I swallowed my anger, took my earplugs out and finished my piece. Told him the Internet was down and then surrendered to the moment.
He asked if I wanted to go walking with him around the resort. Something we don’t get to do very often. So I let go and just gave in to the fact that I was supposed to go walking with my husband rather than posting my blog. That my morning ritual had been broken to make room for us. We got dressed and as we were about to leave, the repairman came to the room to fix the Internet but could not. We told him we were going to walk and perhaps he could come back in an hour. He was appreciative because they were short staffed and we were appreciative because it freed us up to walk.
We walked the walkway of the resort twice, chatting like old times, carefree about where we were, taking in the beautiful flowers and scenery and the freshness of the morning air. By the time we got back and I logged in to the computer, the Internet was back. I edited my blog then posted it. Happy for surrendering to the moment. For allowing my ritual to be broken to include my husband and a morning walk together. And then when the repairman returned to fix the problem, I realised without a doubt that the Universe had intervened and had shut down the Internet so I would take the time to be fully present with my husband. To allow us to have some quality one on one time together.
Proving to me that when one door shuts another opens. And when things don’t work out the way we had planned, it is because there is something better making its way to us. Though my blog was posted late yesterday morning, I got to spend quality time with my husband I may not otherwise have done had it not been for the Internet interruption. And for its interruption, I am truly grateful.
We went on to have a wonderful family day at Sea World particularly since our daughter had waited four years to ride the Journey to Atlantis ride because the last time we were here each time we went to the park it was broken. She was tickled pink. Beyond ecstatic. And my son and husband got to ride the Krakken twice and in their opinion the ride of all rides, The Manta – not once but twice and they were so glad they had.

The day that I thought was going to be a complete write off turned into an absolute write on one once I let go and let be. Accepting that sometimes we are led away from where we think we ought to be to the place we are meant to be. And for surrendering to it all allowing my wonderful day yesterday to happen, I am truly grateful. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment