Tuesday 1 April 2014

April 1 April Fool's Day challenging me

April 1. April Fool’s Day. Another month breezing in. This year seems to be flying by to me. It seems every day is trying to tell me to just live my life, stretch my wings, embrace every moment that I am in, live my life as fully as I can. Without regret, apology or expectation. Just spread my wings and fly. Just typing those words fills me with anticipation and life. With joy and abandon and a smile that emanates from that place inside of me that is untouched by external forces. That place that is my compass, my inner voice, me. And that smile is spreading throughout me, warming me, encouraging me, coaxing me to not worry about what anyone else thinks or says about me. My worth is not measured by their judgement. No it is measured by what I believe and think of me.
That place untouched by external forces inside of me is burning, itching, telling me to be all that I want to be. Take chances, fall down then get back up again. Forget about the naysayers. They only say nay because they don’t have the nerve to take chances, fall down then get back up again. Anybody with gumption would be applauding those who take chances because they recognize that it is only with taking chances, falling down and getting back up again that we step out of the path of mediocrity into a life worth living. Into a life of our creation.
April 1 – the month of April, my birth month, the month I graced this Earth some 50 plus years ago and I feel a tingling inside. Something I can’t put my finger on. Something that is happening, opening, expanding. Something that is moving me to be who I came here to be. Recognizing that time is running out for me. My days ahead are most likely going to be less than the days I had behind me.
Something is willing me to stand in my own light. To accept I am the light. To accept I am worthy of success. To accept that life only gives me what I put out there. Deem myself to be worthy of.
April 1- April Fool’s Day yet one year ago today my husband and I stood before our children in Kauai and renewed our love for each other as a couple, as a family.  Celebrating our 21 years together. Honouring our ups and downs as a couple. Telling our story to each other so our children could hear it first hand.  To see that though our lives may not be perfect all the time, it is the imperfections that grow us, challenge us, make us.
April the fourth month of the year already. Where is the time going? What am I doing with my time? Am I honouring each second , each minute, each hour of every single day that I am given to breathe, to be , to do with reverence and gratitude, with love and light, respect and faith. Or am I doing what everyone else expects me to be rather than who I came here to be?
I don’t know the answers to all my questions today but I do know there is something inside me that is awakening. Something inside that is ready to emerge and I am willing, ready and able to bring her forth because I feel she has been, I have been, a long time in coming. Here’s to the beginning of my birth month that is asking me to be reborn again. Watch out world because here we come….here I come. 
April 1 April Fool's Day challenging me to not be the fool who stands and watches life pass me by but to live it as fully as I can. Letting go and spreading my wings allowing myself to fly without worry or fear. So here I go. Here I begin. Opening to the awakening that is happening from within.  Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment