Saturday 12 April 2014

Sometimes I don't know

Sometimes I don’t know
Where to begin
How to begin
Sometimes I think too much
About what comes next
Rather than doing right now
Sometimes I am looking out
Over the horizon
And beyond
Rather than where I stand right now
Sometimes the distance seems too far to go
The destination impossible to get to
The sweat beading on my brow
My heart beating a thousand beats a second
My palms wet from fear
Sometimes I can’t breathe
Because taking another breath
Means I have to admit I am stuck
Have to admit that life is moving on
And I am not
Sometimes I am so overwhelmed
With who I am not
That I forget who I am
Until I stop
Just stop
And think about all that I am
Was
And from whence I have come
And then an overwhelming sense
Of gratitude
Followed by peace
Followed by forgiveness of self
Followed by a knowingness
That I am where I am meant to be
Builds inside of me
Spilling out over the uncertainty
The vulnerability
The fear
And lets me know
I am human
Imperfect
Growing
Expressing
Exploring
Every single second
Of every single day
And all I have to do
Is to surrender
To the feelings
I feel
Allow them
To run through me
To take over me
Allowing me
To feel them
To embrace them
And honour them
And then when enough is enough
Surrender them back
To where they came from
Because I know they came
To make me pause
To make me stop
To make me surrender
To all that is within me
Waiting for me
Seeking me
Cajoling me
To be the woman
The mother
The wife
The writer
The bringer of the light
I asked to come here to me
And in that moment
I understand
Sometimes
I can’t see her
Feel her
Embrace her
Because I am too busy
Trying to be everything
But who she is
By being what everyone else
Thinks I should be
Rather than who I am
But the pause
The detour of my path
Is asking me to see
And understand
The strength of who I am
And then
I am filled with
Such love
Such peace
Such gratitude
For taking
A breath
A step
A chance
Each and every second
Of
Each and every day
Because I know I am
Who I came here to be
Every single second
Of
Each and every day

Namastet knwo 

No comments:

Post a Comment