Wednesday 16 April 2014

In the light of the moon

When we are not meant to see things, no matter how hard we try we will not see them. The same way when we are not meant to be in a place, we will not get there. Solidifying the belief that when something is not meant for us, no matter how hard we try to get it, it will elude us. Only when we are meant to experience what we are meant to experience will come into our lives in ways we may not have imagined or believed.
The moon night before last taught me that when last night it came out in full, unobscured by any clouds and shone down on me all night long. No matter where I went in my home, I could see the bright light of the radiant moon beaming through my windows. Sending light all through the house. Illuminating away any signs of darkness.
But yet the night before that all I got from the moon was the sense that it was there. But its light and image were hidden from me. Upsetting me that I did not get to witness the redness of the eclipse. Upset that it was not in my cards to see.
But then I realized with the beauty of the moon last night and its continued magnificence this morning that this was the moon I was meant to see more than feel. And to discover the feeling, though through a different sense, felt just as enlightening. Just as beautiful. Just as awe inspiring and rewarding as each other. Feel and see. 
Allowing me to understand that in life, no matter how hard we try, when something is not meant for us in one way, it will manifest for us in the way that is best for us, in the way that will benefit us the most. And in that way, we have to be open to allow ourselves to see the beauty in all things that are present and not present in our lives. 
And though my moon is not red, it is still beautiful and enrapturing at the same time and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to first feel it then see it unobscured by clouds or my expectations. A lesson for me about life. When I give up expectations, I open myself to experiences I would have otherwise overlooked just because they do not come in ways I had imagined. Because then I allow myself to get them in ways that are more enlightening and meant for me to experience.
In the light of this beautiful moon, I am truly grateful because I feel that much more connected to the power of the Universe and all its glory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment