Thursday 3 April 2014

Don't force

Don’t force
Just let it be
Be patient
When the time is right
All will be revealed
I tell myself these things over and over again
Because I tell myself
I am so enlightened
That I can’t experience desire
I am so touched by the light
I know I am where I am meant to be
And sometimes those beliefs comfort me
And other times they imprison me
Depending on where my mindset is at the time
So I breathe deeply
Trying to release my desire to control
To direct
To make my future
By projecting into it
Leaving my space of the present
Missing all the signs
Pointing to danger
Screaming caution
Roadblocks to stop me
From following a path I will regret
But I am human
And no matter how spiritual
Thoughtful
Insightful 
I may be
No matter how enlightened
I think I may be
I am still human
Growing
Changing
Accepting
Rejecting
Desiring
Wishing
Envying
Striving
To be the best person I can be
And sometimes it takes me to the dark side
To the place I must find my shadow
To understand the completeness of me
Sometimes I have to be woman enough
To admit
I am impatient
Want to be over there
Rather than here
Want what I want right now
Without enjoying
And being grateful
For all that I have right here right here
And when I get like this
I feel lost
Resentful
And judgmental
Pitiful really
Because it can’t be me holding me back
It has to be everyone else and everything  else
Because in my impatient mind
My imperfect human state of being
I believe I have done all that I can
To achieve what I am meant to achieve
I have been through so much to get to 
Nowhere
Then I feel depleted
Empty
Exhausted
Without passion
And because I see no way out
I continue to wallow in the darkness
Because I am not confronting my shadow
I am not accepting of my imperfections
I am not willing to admit I am afraid
Afraid to take the leap of faith
The leap that got me what I needed to get before
Only when I take that step
That first timid step
To emerge from the darkness
Will I be able to see
The shadow
My shadow
The one that has come
To help me to see
My vices
My fears
My vulnerabilities
Only then do I get
The truth
The universal truth
Wherever I am is where I have chosen to be
Wherever I am is where I am meant to be
Because every thought
Precedes action
Initiates reaction
Brings forth energy
Because every thought
Has led me to act
Has attracted the people
The places
The feelings
Into my life
I am experiencing at any given moment
So drum roll now
If I want them no more
Then it is up to me
To shift
To be grateful
To be patient
To not force
To know they only way to confront my shadow
Is to step out of the darkness
Into the light
Because only light 
reveals shadows 
I will see and feel
My imperfections
And allow them to grow me
I will spread my wings and fly
Because I will know
I have always had them
They were always available to me
But I dismissed them as belonging to someone else
Because I falsely believed
I was not born to fly
I was born to walk
To stumble
To fall
I falsely believed I was not worthy
Of having those wings
That I stopped believing
And stopped doing
Until I accept my worthiness
I will not fly
I will stumble
And fall
Over and over again
Until the time comes
When I accept
I am perfection
I am complete
I am whole
All wrapped up in my imperfect
Incomplete
Fractured self
Because they are growing me
Maturing me
To be a compassionate and caring woman
Worthy enough to step into my light
My own light
Created for and by me
Facing my yin and yen
My shadow and light self
As one
Without forcing
Just accepting
With gratitude
I am who I am
Namaste




No comments:

Post a Comment