Tuesday 22 April 2014

Sometimes no means yes but in ways least expected

Sometimes those nos are the best things that can happen to us. Doors shutting in our faces, though they may hurt at first, are actually there to protect us from entering a space that is meant for someone else; not us. When we resist those nos, our inner gut telling us we are not heading in the right direction, we find obstacle after obstacle blocking our path.  Forcing us to constantly climb uphill. Exhausting ourselves because we are existing in someone else’s world; not our own.
But when we accept the nos and the shut doors and remain outside with gratitude, patience and surrender, eventually the door that is meant for us will reveal itself, beckoning us to enter.  And when we walk through, we know instantly we are where we are meant to be. Because everything within us feels at peace. At home. Exactly where we are meant to be.
It is very hard sometimes to stand on the outside while everyone else is inside reaping all the benefits of whatever it is that is inside for them while we stand outside feeling rejected, dejected and alone. But that time we are standing outside is our time to regroup, to think about what it is that we really need; not what we believe we want. It is our time to truly understand who we are and what we are. It is our time of deep reflection, introspection and self-examination.
Standing outside looking in is a very important time for us because it is affording us the opportunity to grow,  to dig deep into our souls and ask our spirit guides and whomever else we seek solace from, to help us. It is a time for us to close our eyes and allow our minds and hearts to meet so we know where to go next or where not to go. To surrender to the space of infinite possibility.
And it is during this breathing space time that we understand we learn more when we are losing than when we are winning. When everything is going right for us all the time, we may not be challenging ourselves to grow. We may just be taking the easy path, the path of least resistance because it feels comfortable to us but does not satisfy us. Does not grow us.
So for all those nos and shut doors, I am truly grateful because I know eventually there will be yeses and a door that will open just for me when the time is right and I will enter as the grown woman I was intended to be for the opportunity that is meant just for me. So today I go into the world with patience, reverence, reflection and surrender because I accept everything that is happening to me in this present moment is happening to grow me, to prepare me for me. To allow me to go into the world as a more compassionate, grateful and giving person. Ready to share my experiences with those who cross my path.
Because I understand that sometimes those nos mean yes in ways least expected because they are directing me to where I need to be. Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment