Saturday 5 April 2014

Gratitude for taking the time to be in a new place

A beautiful morning. Watching the night sky turn to the day sky. The dawn to the day. It is so spectacular and refreshing when I see the dawning of a new day from a new perspective. From a new place. Because I am so relaxed and so in awe of life that I allow myself to be transported beyond the reality of my existence to the fantasy of my existence. I allow myself to remember not to take the blessing of seeing another day, another sunrise for granted.
My family is vacationing in Orlando, Florida. Yes I know not the most spiritual and enlightening place in the world but what I am feeling this morning as I sit on my balcony looking out over the grounds of our resort at the sun rising in front of my eyes, getting brighter by the minute, a fountain dancing to my right, that spirit and enlightenment are always present for me. For us. Always because spirit and enlightenment are within us. But sometimes we neglect them or reject them because we are not in the frame of mind to reach or receive them because we allow the everyday burdens of our lives to weigh us down. Blinding us from the power we carry within. But this morning I am especially feeling my power on this quiet awakening morning.
Where the sky started out as red with clouds different from the ones I normally see at home to it now being virtually clear with the bright light of the sun taking over. The silence of the morning interrupted every once in a while by the sounds of man awakening – buses, people running, walking, people going to work, interspersed with the sounds of nature - birds in flocks whizzing past my balcony, while others sit in trees , on pillars and posts singing to their heart’s content. And I feel that contentment filling me as well. Sending shivers down my spine.
It is so important that we step out of our everyday ever once in a while giving ourselves the space to reconnect with our essence selves. To remove ourselves from the reality of our lives to the fantasy of our lives to realise fantasy and reality are one in the same as they reside in our brains, our thoughts. Allowing us to understand sometimes we can’t see beyond our everyday to the fantasy of who we really are. Getting away allows us to tap into that and helps us to understand the duality of our existence.
Beautiful white swans just caught my eye taking me from my serious writing to my fantastical writing, willing me to write about the story of the ugly duckling who realises she was always a beautiful swan – the story of many of our lives. We are all beautiful in our own right but sometimes we can’t see through the façade of the image that we are so busy building to see the beauty of who we  really are.
Fantastical writing shattered when what I thought were beautiful swans started walking because I realised they weren’t swans at all. They were egrets instead. But my mind needed to believe they were swans because I needed to be reminded of the beauty that I carry within. So I decided to leave my mistake because I know it was not a mistake at all but my lesson and blessing. Awakening me to the beauty that I carry with me all the time.  Awakening me to the fantasy and reality that live side by side in my brain. Awakening to the duality of who I am. Of who we all are. The yin and yang of our existence. Fantasy battling reality for balance.
I love vacations. I love getting away. I love surrendering to the nothingness that is everything. I am so glad I took the time to stop. To just be with my family. Here’s to the start of a short break together. Of family time and reconnecting as the dawn of this new day in a new place has kindly awakened in me the joy, the gratitude, the ecstasy of surrendering to me. Forever grateful and feeling blessed with this life that is mine. Feeling especially privileged to know spirituality and enlightenment are always present when I give myself the time to surrender as I am in this moment. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment