Saturday 1 June 2013

It's June 1 everyone

I woke up this morning feeling very light and full of possibility. So much so that I could not go back to sleep. Something was drawing me out of bed. Asking me to get up and look outside. So I got up despite saying I wanted to sleep in in this morning after a long and hard week. But that thought was replaced by this pull that was willing me out of bed.
I decided to follow that voice. That thing to see what it wanted me to see. I opened the bathroom blinds and immediately felt a freshness flow through me as I looked out over our property. The sun was just starting to take over from the night. The grass was glistening from the morning dew. And my whole being tingled in anticipation.
And then I look down and there were two beautiful roses. So full and tight and vibrant and bright. Full of life looking back at me. I could almost smell their scent from where I was. As I inhaled and exhaled the gratitude and peace I felt looking out over all that I already have in my life. I whispered a silent thank you to the Universe for who I am and all I have.
Walking through my quiet house, opening the blinds on all the windows where no one was sleeping allowing the feeling of possibility to flow through my home. Allowing myself to absorb all that is, was and ever will be. Inviting all in to me that I am mean to see, feel and be. Allowing my whole self to expand to all that is.
And then I came into our office, opened the blinds and there in front of me were pillows of white clouds. Like they were telling me no matter how difficult life may seem there is always a place for me to lay my troubles. Always a place for me to cushion against the harshness of life. Always a place where those troubles will be floated away and replaced with something new. I watched as they dissipated and floated away.
I inhaled and exhaled then sat down to meditate allowing the sensations of fullness and gratitude to wash over me even more. Revelling in my feeling of satisfaction. Once I was done, I flipped my calendar for my quote of the day only to find I was flipping to a whole new month. Not just another day. And that’s when I got such a shock.  It is June 1 today everyone. The first day of another new month.  Six months into what seems to me to still be the start of this New Year. But no six months has gone by. What have I done? Am I anywhere nearer to my dream I thought? Where has the time gone? My sense of peace and serenity immediately replaced by angst and worry.
And then I stopped and inhaled again. Slowly and deliberately and listened. And that’s when I heard the call of the dove. The haunting and echoing sound coming every few seconds behind the sound of the chattering and loud songs of the sparrows, chick of the villages. My breathing slowing and my angst gave way to peace again. To the realization that even in angst when we give ourselves time to breathe, we will find peace. Just like I could hear the soothing and haunting call of the dove in the midst of the chatter and sense of urgency from the sparrows and chick of the village.
And then I knew the Universe had willed me out of bed to witness the dawn of a new day, the beginning of a new month, the bursting of roses coming to life, the sound of the sparrows, chick of the village, the call of the doves, and the clouds so I could see that life is happening all around me every single day. And it is up to me to find my place in it with gratitude and love. With gratitude and peace. With gratitude and possibility.
Here’s to another month. The month of June. Six months into the year. Full of gratitude and awe for seeing another month and pleased to accept every day as a gift to be more of who I am. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment