Friday 14 June 2013

In the greyness of the new day

I am finding that I am being drawn to the morning light again. To the time when the night turns into day. That time when all is grey and the light is not quite there to assume its place over the darkness of the night. To the silence of change. To the silence of infinity. To the silence of the silence.
It is at this time when all is quiet that I get to listen to me. To my thoughts. To my fears. Apprehensions. Regrets. Wins and Gains. To all that is within me helping me to be who I am meant to be. When I give myself that time to just be, I understand that all the confusion in my life is because I am allowing myself to be stretched in too many directions rather than focusing on what is right in front of me.
When I listen to the sound of silence in the greyness of the day when the light is not quite there, I understand that life is not black and white but grey. Somewhere in between there is the truth in everything.
When I listen to the sound of silence in the greyness of the day when the light is not quite there, I understand there won’t always be answers to everything in the way I expected. But there will always be answers when I seek without expectation. When I am patient and wait. When I don’t dictate to the Universe but ask to be of service, I find I am led. Always led to the place I am meant to be. To the people meant to be in my life.
When I listen to the sound of the silence when the day has not quite taken over from the night, when the light is there but not quite, I understand that there is always something happening in my life even when I think I am standing still. Because there is no such thing as standing still when everything around me shows it is constantly changing. Allowing me to understand change happens even when we stand still because it is so subtle that we think we are not growing or changing. Even in standing still, we are changing because then we are surrendering to the eternal motion of our Universe. The infinite change that happens to us all the time. Simple things like our nails growing. Or breaking. Our skin constantly replenishing itself. Our physical bodies changing all the time as are our spiritual beings.
When I listen to the sound of the silence in the greyness of the new day, when the sun is not quite up but is there in the background waiting for its turn to take over from the darkness of the night, from the moon, I understand there is a time and place for everything and everyone. And when I wait my turn and fulfill the role the Universe has sent me to fill, in time I will shine too. Not at the expense of anyone or anything else. But in conjunction with everyone and everything else. For I understand there is a natural order to our lives that encompasses us all. Me plus we equals success.  Nothing more. Nothing less.
And that is why I am drawn to the silence of the breaking dawn, when the greyness of the new day is surrendering to the light, when the night is giving way to the day, the moon to the sun. In silence. In reverence. In gratitude. Because in that silence I hear life all around me. Growing. Changing. Expanding. Just like me. Just like us all. In its time. In our time. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment