Monday 17 June 2013

I am truly blessed

I am truly blessed. Yesterday was another glorious summer, spring day in Bermuda. Where the air is fresh. The skies blues. Clouds scattered. The trees in my yard so green. Flowers bursting from everywhere. Inhaling and exhaling all that I am and have with gratitude and love.
And I sat outside on my porch with my little Misty crouching at my feet. Nudging me gently to be touched. To be loved. Looking up at me like I am the best person in the world. Her love. Gently taking in her silence. Thinking about how we are all the same – animal and human – in our quest to be loved and to give love.
Taking her to run on the grass. Watching the glee on her face with the expanse of the yard not like her confined house. Watching her nibble on the grass. Her ears standing erect when there was a cry of a bird. Halting in her place. Sniffing the air to see if there was danger. When she is satisfied she was not in danger, here ears becoming floppy again as she went to grazing in the grass.
Looking up just then to the full branches of the Poinciana tree and there above me was a blue bird. Beautiful in its own right. The moment framed by the branch, leaves and the sky. With the gift being the sight of the blue bird. Quietly sitting enjoying the fresh air as was I . As was Mysty.
And then just like that Mysty was off hopping quickly across the yard. The serenity of the moment broken. With me chasing after her so she would not escape into the road or into the neighbour’s yard. Feeling the fresh air on my back and face. Feeling the promise of all that is, was and ever will be. Standing at the far end of the yard looking back at my home. The home that my husband has been meticulously renovating. Making it into our own. Seeing the palms bending in the breeze. The hanging baskets my husband lovingly cares for in full bloom. Taking in the natural colours given freely to us by Nature every single day.  And feeling so grateful for all that I have. Feeling so blessed for all that is in my life.
A husband who loves me. Most of the time. A wonderful father to our children. Setting examples to them about life. Two beautiful children. And our pet rabbit Mysty. Showing our togetherness as a family and feeling like I am the luckiest woman in the world. In that moment. Captured outside with our rabbit, Mysty. In the fullness of the moment. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment