Saturday 8 June 2013

The Gift of Harmony from Bear Cloud

My 50th birthday present from my husband finally arrived last night. Even though my birthday was in April. And the reason there was such a delay is because my present is a very special and unique painting done by a Native American artist, Bear Cloud, who resides in Sedona, Arizona.
My husband stumbled upon Bear Cloud’s art gallery while we were in Sedona and loved the art. Loved the feel of the gallery and knew it would be a place that I would love. So he took me there to see how I would react. I walked into the gallery and felt embraced by the light. A feeling of returning to a space I have always known came to me as I walked through the gallery.
Each painting depicting or evoking a memory of thoughts, visions and all knowingness I have known all my life but could never really articulate came through. I sat down in reverence and took in each painting. Each feeling that came to me and then my eye settled on two paintings. Two paintings that resonated the most with me.
But there was one that was calling my name. Speaking to me. I knew it was meant for me. It is a moody painting. Bear cloud paints outside the frame. His paintings depict the infinite nature of our Universe. His frame a continuation of his art rather than a barrier. The painting drew me in because no matter how dark it seemed at first, it is a painting full of light. Of life. Of symbolism. Of togetherness. Of Yin and Yang. It depicts a strong man as a part of the majestic mountain with his mirror image, an equally strong woman, reflecting back to him in the water.  It was the female image in the water that caught my eye.
I could feel her presence. His presence in me. I could feel a togetherness. Bear Cloud was not there but I wanted him there. To understand his painting. To feel his energy to see if we were connected as I thought. To see if his painting was as much as part of me as I felt. And as I was thinking this, in he walked. And the energy was definitely there between us. For he walked directly to me and hugged me. Our eyes locking and our energy reconnecting as if we were continuing on a journey we had embarked on before.
He explained the painting was called “Harmony” and this is the poem that accompanies it,
“In the lodge of the earth and sky
                In the water of the eagle nations
                                Sacred sound flowed with sacred heart.
The circle of the Grandfather and nations of the sky,
                The circle of the waters and nations of the Earth
                                Come together as one,
The Door of sacred vision opened
And divine perfection flowed
                                In the Harmony of all that exists.
                                A-ho- Two Eagles were as stars sitting
                                On the water of sacred breath.
                                                The bear and the eagle spiraled as one
                                                And harmony was the
                                                                Movement that sat in the wind.”

He said the two figures - the males and female when they “come together in a perfect way, whether it is the components of our internal matrix, or that of male and female or seeing a truth that expands the entire cosmos, it evokes universal principles. Within the painting is the God’s Eye. Its basic construction is two triangles base to base creating a diamond shape as does the male and female when the male figure in the top of the mountain has his hand pressed on the ground and in the painting shows a mirror image of his hands against hers pressed together. The top of their heads along with the tips of their fingers creates the four points needed to see the hidden image of the “God’s Eye.”
“When symbolic perfection  is found within our inner core to a point of pure harmony, it is said to create the abilities to see into the unseen worlds, to see beyond the normal and also opens the doors to move within it,. It is the ability to see into the vapors of the cosmos. It is a magical core that moves the universe.”
And that was why I was drawn to this painting and to Bear Cloud. And why my husband purchased Harmony for me for my 50th birthday. Because I am beginning to understand there is much more to us than what we can see. Much more. And that is why the painting arrived day before yesterday because that was exactly the day my meditation took me to that place of the unseen, the unknown, the place of nothingness that is the all. The Universe is letting me know that the polaric existence of males and female express a construction that exists within all people and also encompasses the entire expanse of the Universe. Depicting in night and day, evil and purity, hate and love, male and female.
I am well on my journey to understanding the polaric nature of our existence. That which drives us to find balance, peace and harmony. And now I have that depiction through Bear Cloud’s magical and skillful art to remind me every single day of my life of the “Harmony” I am seeking. I am listening Universe. I am. And I am grateful for this Gift from my husband through your watchful eye by allowing me to have “Harmony” in my home. Namaste.

                

No comments:

Post a Comment