Friday 10 May 2013

When I wake in the morning


In the morning when I wake
There is silence
Reverence
And grace
In the morning when I wake
I inhale the promise of the new day
The lessons from the day before
Ensconced in my mind
Preparing me for this new day
Helping me
Guiding me
Teaching me
Of what not to do
And what to do
In the morning when I wake
I listen
Listen for the waking of nature
The call of what is to come
And then I hear the sound
The call of the Cardinal
The red bird
Tweet tweet tweet
And I feel the promise of the new day
The call of nature
The sound of all that is
And ever will be
I feel the touch of nature
Race through my being
Freeing all that is trying to bind me
Releasing me from the chains of my limitation
Allowing me to soar
Outside the box
Outside the lines society tries to draw around me
Instead
I connect with the power of the more
Of the all
Of the infinite
Schooling me
Willing me
To remember there is more than enough
Abundance in this world
Our world
If we are brave enough
To ask for it
To channel what we truly want and came here to be
And then I surrender to the sound of the morning
Silence
Until I hear it again
The call of the cardinal
The red bird
Until
I am full
Full of possibility
Full of the more
And then I notice his call has changed
As I have
To a more joyful sound
To a more delicate tune
Twirling
Like a pattern
Of an infinite swirl
Round and round
Connecting me to the cardinal
To the trees
To the flowers
To the soil
To the earth
Grounding me
In the present
To go out into the world
Our world
As a being of
Love of light
Possibility and presence
When I wake in the morning
Full of reverence
Abundance
And grace

2 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful. Extremely moved by "Freeing all that is trying to bind me
    Releasing me from the chains of my limitation
    Allowing me to soar
    Outside the box
    Outside the lines society tries to draw around me" Well done in sharing the light & love experienced when given the ultimate blessing - waking in the morning! Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shari Lynn, I am trying my hardest to dance to the rhythm of life. To move with the heartbeat of the eternal soul. Regardless of how people try to define me.

    ReplyDelete