Saturday 11 May 2013

We choose to live in places that most reflect our state of mind


Oh what a beautiful morning. Oh what a beautiful day. Isn't it amazing how much light can make a difference to our outlook almost immediately particularly after a long period of darkness. We have had very dark weather of late and many of us have been dragging but as soon as there is sunshine we all come alive again.
Waking up this morning to the sunlight pouring through the windows immediately made me feel like I could do anything. Be anything. Because I was filled with such joy and possibility. 
So I started thinking about the effect of light on my life and realized that when we have light all the time we take it for granted and don’t really appreciate it. It’s only after not seeing it for long periods of time that we appreciate it. And that’s why we have weather I believe.
Weather is reflective of the ups and downs we face. We live in places that are the most beneficial for our growth. We choose places that best reflect our state of mind and growth by the weather they have. People that live in tropical places such as my island home Bermuda are here because most of the time we are full of love and light but when the darkness comes it brings forth our darkest traits to help us to tap into our demons and release them when the light comes back again.
Those that choose to live in rainy and dreary places have a much steeper learning curve because they are tested more to find their joy because of the constant darkness. This is my hypothesis only. We are all at different stages of our growth. And I do believe that deep down inside it has something to do with the places we choose to live. Good weather helps us to find our joy much easier than dreary and dark weather.
I am going to glory in this day. Taking in the rays of sunshine for as long as I can. This morning my family is taking part in the Keep Bermuda Beautiful Campaign where we are going to clean up our street. Picking up the trash that others have discarded. Returning our street back to the beautiful one it is all while having the opportunity to bask in the sunshine. Listen to the birds chirping. Inhale the fresh air. And seeing the array of beautiful flowers that are out for Spring. All while sharing family time of giving back to our community outside in nature on a beautiful sunny Saturday morning. Who could ask for anymore?
Enjoy this beautiful Saturday. Another day of being blessed to be breathing and living and having the opportunity to  make our dreams come true. 

2 comments:

  1. ♫ Oh what a beautiful morning. Oh what a beautiful day. ♬ After the first four words I was already singing the entire song!! Another great and inspirational blog post to start my day on a good note. Enjoy yours with your family and friends and continue to spread love & light along your journey. Namasté.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ShariLynn That is exactly the song I was singing and try to sing every morning to remind me of the glory of being alive to experience one more minute of the abundance ever present in our lives. Namaste. In love and light my kindred spirit

    ReplyDelete