Thursday 16 May 2013

In reverence to two tall palms


There are two palms
Tall and majestic
Outside my bathroom window
Across the way
Just close enough for me to see them
Not touch them
But feel them
Their energy pouring into my soul
Their essence connecting me back
To the Source
The One Source
That is them
That is me
That is us
I watch them swaying in the breeze
Dancing rhythmically
From side to side
Gracefully
Gently
Poetically
I watch them as the sun sets
Radiant light behind them
Casting hues of orange
Red
Autumn
Endings
I watch them in the morning
When the night is giving way to the dawn
The light behind them
Casting hues of black
Blue
White
Beginnings
I watch them swaying
Gently
Poetically
Majestically
As if nothing can touch them
Nothing can hurt them
I watch them adjusting to the weather
No matter what
Their fronds waving up and down
Side to side
Their trunks hard and strong
Flexing
Swaying
Wondering how they can be hard to touch
Difficult to move
Yet rock poetically in the breeze
Stand up to any weather
But have such delicately thin trunks
I wonder what they know
What they have seen
How they don’t snap
From the weight of their tops
I watch the two palms
Across the way
Whenever I can
Because they remind me
Of how life existed before I came
And will continue once I am gone
And like them
I must learn to stand tall and firm
Despite my delicate frame
To sway and rock
When the wind blows
When trouble brews
To remember always
Life goes on
And I must live it
For as long as I can
So
I watch the two palms
Across the way
As much as I can
Because they root me
In the now
The present
Connecting me back
To the Source
The Oneness
That is them
That is me
That is us
That is all
Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment