Wednesday 29 May 2013

10 years ago today

10 years ago today I was blessed with a little girl who came to balance my family. Who from the moment she decided to enter the world, did so with her eyes wide open. Seeing exactly what it is she wants out of life and going for it. Never allowing fear to stop her from trying anything. Do anything even when she may “fail”, she does not stop. She keeps going until she achieves whatever it is her heart desires. And if in the end, she does not get it, she gets disappointed and may cry but she accepts it was not her time or her place. And she tells herself and us if it is meant for her she will get something better.
My little girl teaches me every single day more about life than I ever would have learnt without her presence in my life and she is only 10 years old today. She is a dynamo. Confident. Beautiful and full of life. I wish I had the nerve and self confidence she has when I was her age. I wish I knew the things she knows at her age. And for that reason, I encourage her to explore her whole self. To try new things to see if they resonate with her. Giving her the capacity to see the world is her oyster and if she so chooses to open the oyster, she will find the pearl made just for her inside.
We expose her to as much as we can so that she alone can uncover her own strengths and weaknesses. Allowing her the skills to go out into the world as a balanced young lady. Not afraid to fail. Instead learning that in failure, she discovers that much more about who she is and who she isn't.
She is charming. Independent during the day but at night still sneaks into our bed and attaches her little body to mine as if we are one again. Reminding me that we are one. She is of me and of my husband. As she is of my son. A combination of us all.
Early this morning, I looked down at her head resting under my chin and I watched her little body rising and falling as she breathed in her sleep and thought about how fast my little girl is growing up. The length of her body about three quarters of mine. Thinking where has the time gone? Where has 10 years gone? And how has she grown so tall?
Realizing she is well on her way to womanhood now that she has entered double digits.  And I know it will only be a matter of time before she won’t be sneaking into our room at night anymore. Only a matter of time before my baby girl no longer needs the comfort and security of curling up to me as she grows from girl to woman. My eyes welling up at the thought of life moving on. Of her moving on.  Snuggling my head into her head of curls. Inhaling her essence self so I won’t forget these special moment when we are joined together as one as we were when she was growing inside me.
I can’t believe that little bundle of joy that flew out of me 8 days early at 12.45 am. Then crawled up my stomach to seek her food and started to nourish herself is now 10 years old today. Balancing our home with equal female energy as male energy. That little girl who captured our hearts right from the beginning is still capturing our hearts today.
Happy Birthday to my baby girl. Ten years old and accepting of her birthright to be a silent warrior who was sent here for a purpose and taking on the mission to discover her life’s purpose all on her own. And we will continue to encourage her along the way. With love and light I, am grateful for being blessed with my little Gemini theatrical wonder. We are blessed as a family. 
10 year ago today I was sent an angel to help me to spread my wings as I help her to spread her own. Namaste my beauty. My angel. My heart. Continue to be who you are with love and grace. She was born on a Thursday and they say Thursday's child is full of grace. And that she is. That she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment