Saturday 4 May 2013

Morning Silhouettes


Morning silhouettes
I love dawn
Just before the sun comes out fully
Just before the night retreats to the other side
When the silhouettes are prominent
And the shadows loom
When the promise of a new day
A new beginning is present
When the night is about to recede
Making way for a new day to begin
When the birds are waking
Chirping
Against the silence
Of the beginning
Of a new day
I love it when the sky is shadowy and grey
And there are hints of light
Conjuring up thoughts of what is to come
When the wispy clouds look dark
Against the light of the eastern sky
When I inhale the freshness of the new day
Staring out the window
Feeling the magic that occurs
Every single day
Of our lives
The ending of yesterday
And the beginning of today
Over and over again
Reminding me of the chance
Of the possibility
That exists not just for me
But for us all
There is always an ending
And a beginning
Always a new chapter
To live out
Always a new day
To begin
As long as I am breathing
I am living
I love the silence of the morning
Of dawn
Of life
Continuously moving on
Knowing I am a part of life
As long as I am living and breathing
Grateful to experience the turn of each day
Grateful for seeing the morning
Taking over from the night
Like dance partners
Exchanging leads
Reversing roles
The light from the dark
Silhouettes greater than the physical things
Until the sun becomes stronger
Pushing aside the dark
Slowly rising from the East
Spreading its radiant light
As everything begins to waken
And the silhouettes start to fade
The physical things become more prominent
As the light of the new day
Takes the lead
From the night
Shining bright
Ushering in today
The opportunity for us to be
Whatever it is we want to be
I love the promise of the new day
The feeling of renewal
The feeling of turning over a new leaf
As the silhouettes fade
And the darkness recedes
As the light comes through
Allowing me to turn off the artificial lights inside
And let in the natural light from outside
Infusing me with energy
And the power to embrace
The dawn of a new day
Morning silhouettes
Magical, Mystical
Morning Silhouettes
Ushering in the dawn
Of the New Day

No comments:

Post a Comment