Saturday 7 April 2012

Inner Peace and Strength from the Circle of Peace


Yesterday was the most amazing last day of our family vacation. We ended our morning in Jeffersonville, Vt at the our favourite restaurant, The Mix, indulging in food we did not need but wanted. Chatting with the locals like we were locals ourselves.
The weather was picture perfect, almost warm ushering in the true feeling of Spring as we drove out of Jeffersonville on our way to Burlington. Talking , reminising about the time we had spent at the Notch.
We arrived early in Burlington to overnight for our very early flight out. The day was just too beautiful to waste away inside our hotel. So I did some research online and found this park  called the Oakledge Park that looked amazing. We decided to go to the park to bask in the beauty of the day.
We arrived at the Park and walked along the bike path marvelling at the perfect weather. The majestic trees. The sound of a red bird calling out to us but we could not find him. People running. Walking dogs. Mothers playing with children in the playground. Families out together. Friends skateboarding. Riding bikes. Teenagers hanging out in the large treehouse.
We walked until we found what I was looking for - the Burlington Earth Clock - a circle of Peace. It reminded me of a modern Stonehenge. A circle of granite stones by Circles for Peace.
According to their website www.circlesforpeace.org, "Circles for Peace is a Vermont grassroots non-profit project that is based on the philosophy that by witnessing of the rhythms and cycles of nature we can restore inner peace and inner strength....
 "The Earth Clock is a 43-foot diameter stone circle consisting of 14 five-to-ten-foot-high stones in a ring. The stones are aligned like a compass. When you stand in the center and look west to the Adirondack Mountains, the five stones on that side are positioned to mark the horizon where the sun sets at the Solstices, Equinoxes and the mid-points between these times of the year.
"The center of the circle is a sundial made of flat granite, so when you stand in the exact center of the circle, your shadow tells the time of day."
The Earth Clock was exactly what I had anticipated. Standing in the centre of the stones I felt a strong sense of peace. Looking out between the stones and seeing Lake Champlain in the background. Listening to the waves rolling genty on the beach. Inhaling the fresh air.Closing my eyes. Feeling like I was being transported to a place and time many years before and many years to come. All while feeling firmly centred on where I was. A sense of infinity behind my closed eyes while in the protection of the stones. The tallest one resonating the most with me. Long, white, clean. Its energy flowing into me. Mingling with mine. Inner strength renewed.
Keeping my eyes closed and feeling the magic of the moment seeping through my being. Hearing the soft lulling of the water. Saying to my husband the sound of water is always the same no matter where we are, no matter what it looks like. It always has the same soothing effect on the mind, body and soul.
Having the backdrop of the Earth Clock behind us adding more to the feeling of joy and warmth I felt. Grateful for having found the treasure of the Earth Clock in its picturesque setting. Offering peace to all who are open to receive it. Set in nature's bounty. Gratitude seeping through me as I watched my children exploring the rocks, running along the beach. Arm in arm with my husband letting the peace flow from the rocks through me to my husband to my children as they came to embrace us as well.
Ending our family vacation amongst a circle of peace, surrounded by nature, filled with love. Birds chirping above. Families riding by on bikes. My family all together experiencing unobstructed love and peace together. Surrendering to and harnessing Inner Peace and Inner Strength. Just as the Circle of Peace was meant to do. All on a Full Moon day. Good Friday. A day of peace and love. Of surrender under a perfect blue cloudless sky. Such gratitude. Such love. Such peace. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment