Tuesday 24 September 2013

Lean in and usher out corruptive power Elizabeth Lesser

When my cabin was finally ready, I walked the path to it. Surprised to discover how isolated I was from the conference. Surprised to find I was up a little hill behind the trees. As I walked across the grass I spotted two creatures in the grass – possibly ground hogs  - not entirely sure but the grass and trees were teeming with life – tiny red squirrels, large grey one and those two strange creatures. Everything felt alive. Electric but welcoming.
I showered after a very long day of travel to fully allow my state of decompression to take effect. Not rushing. Not worrying. Just going with the flow. Wonderful feeling. Then I then walked over to the main dining room for dinner. It was a large open communal eating place. Full of women, men, children all gathered to share in locally sourced organic foods. An absolute delight for me as the food was an array of scrumptious vegetarian food ranging from gluten free to vegan to dairy. A bit of something for everyone. And I was in seventh heaven because I didn’t have to worry about what I was eating. Everything fresh and colourful. Nourishing my body for what was to come.
After dinner I wandered over to the Conference Hall about 20 minutes early because I wanted to make sure I secured a good seat. When I got there I discovered there were two entrances and the doors were still locked. Most people were lined up on one side of the hall. I noticed there were a handful of women on the other side so I made my way across to that side. And ended up speaking with two ladies from Ohio who had driven 8 hours that day to get to the conference. Grateful for the grown up time they were getting away from their families. And then there was a lady from Massachusetts and for some reason our energies connected instantly. A bond was formed between us before we even realised it had.
We took our seats. The first row of seats behind several rows of Reserved Seating much to our disappointment. But we accepted we were where we were meant to be. So we thought until just a few minutes before the Conference was to kick off, some of the helpers came and moved the Reserved Seating signs. I turned to my Massachusetts friend and said let’s move and we did. We ended up right in the front row. Directly in front to the stage. Fate was definitely on our side.
And then the Conference began with Elizabeth Lesser, one of the cofounders of the Omega Institute, giving us a stirring talk about standing in our power. And because I was in the front row I felt like she was speaking directly to me. That she had been sent to tell me to “lean in and usher out corruptive forms of power.” Causing my body to tingle from head to toe like something inside of me had been awakened from a deep sleep. Like something was being stirred from deep within. She went on to say we need to “use our power to give birth to a new way of being. To learn how to live together in peace and wisdom.”
She warned, “To shy away from power now is a mistake because we are walking away from good power to influence” and allowing it to remain in the hands of those who need not have it. She told us choosing to be powerful starts with the inside. Starts with us first and then permeates out to others and not the other way round.
From which I gathered that if we are operating from an authentic power that emanates from our core, there is nothing that can corrupt us. Nothing that can derail us. Nothing that can hurt us unless we allow the egocentric outer power to overshadow who we are and what we represent.

And that was just the beginning of the Conference. More to come as it comes to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment