Monday 23 September 2013

A one of a kind journey of women

Where do I begin about the wonderful journey I embarked on over the weekend? I have to admit I took in so much over the two days that my mind is full. My soul is satiated and my body is fully rested. Full of the energy of some 500 women all drawn together to effect change in our lives and hopefully by doing so effect change in the lives of those in our communities.
We were 500 women on a quest to know what it is we can give to the world by standing in our own power. By owning who we are first then gathering that strength as a sisterhood and moving into the world knowing we have each other’s backs. But only when our intentions are pure and for the betterment of not only ourselves but for all who choose to be of the movement and with the movement.
From the moment I walked onto the grounds of the Omega Institute I knew I had been called there for a reason. I knew as soon as I walked from the main office onto the grounds and saw Buddhas everywhere. Anyone who knows me knows I am a collector of Buddhas. Not for religious reasons but because they bring me a sense of peace, of safety, of serenity. There were Buddhas scattered throughout the grounds. I knew when I walked through the grounds and there was a silence except for the beautiful and lulling sound a flute floating through the grounds as if weaving us like the Pied Piper to our inner sanctuary that I was called there from a Higher Power.
I smiled when I spotted a man sitting on a bench. One of many benches scattered throughout the grounds. Sitting with his eyes closed playing his flute. Surrounded by flowers. And the freshness of the air. Oblivious to us all. Oblivious to the stares. Totally enraptured by his music and the magic of the Institute’s grounds. Allowing his soul’s music to be exposed to those of us who chose to listen to him playing his song. His truth.
I knew I had been called to surrender. To be with my thoughts. To allow them to flourish. I knew because every fibre in my body was alert. Ready for whatever came my way. Open to all that I was meant to absorb over the weekend. I knew without a doubt I was where I was meant to be.
My cabin was not quite ready because I got there an hour before check in time so I wandered through the gardens. Listening to the sound of the flute. Allowing it to remove any remaining stress that remained in my body. I wandered into the book store and found not only books but much more. A snake statute I had been looking for for quite some time was waiting just for me there. Though I have a great fear of snakes, I respect their power and knowing this is the year of the snake, I wanted one near me to help me to be able to withstand the strike of the serpents sure to be out this year by having a statute of my own. And finding it at the Institute as a further sign I was in the right place at the right time.
I walked around the bookstore browsing through music, scarves, crystals, Buddhas. Taking my time. Not rushing as I had nowhere to go. No deadlines to meet and no one was waiting for me. I took my time exploring until I had my fill. Then I walked around the grounds a bit more. Looking up at the tall trees. Making eye contact with strangers who had been drawn to the Institute for the same reasons as I had at exactly the same time– to find meaning. To explore what comes next. Smiling at them and they smiling back at me. No one suspicious of the other. Each embracing the other as kindred spirits on journeys together at the same time.

I was ready for the conference to begin. Ready to hear what I had come to hear. Ready to discover why I had been led to the Institute with the group of women that had gathered. Ready. And I was not disappointed. More to follow tomorrow. Happy Monday everyone. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment