Friday 13 September 2013

A morning pep talk

Stop panicking when it is time to write and just write
Stop trying to deliver a message and just write
Stop trying to conceal from others and just write
Remember I cannot always hit a home run
Sometimes others are meant to
Stop trying to please everyone because not everyone is meant to be pleased
Stop trying to be everything to everyone because not everyone is meant to be in my space
There will be times when I cannot accomplish much because I am not meant to accomplish much
And then there will be other times when everything falls into place
What I have to learn to accept is everyone and everything that comes into my life is there to teach me about me and about life
To force me to either be the teacher or the student
The giver or the receiver
And it is up to me to be able to distinguish between whether I am the teacher
Or whether I am being taught
Not always trying to be right but being willing to accept sometimes there is no right answer
And more importantly there is no wrong answer
Sometimes it just is what it is
And there are no explanations
No reasons
No justifications
Each one of us has a role to play
And if we are honest
Each one of us has multiple roles to play
We are one way one second
And another way the next
But what is consistent is what is within us
That little niggling feeling that never goes away
That feeling that tries to alert us to the path we are to take
That little voice of reason that goes off in our heads
The one that we often override because we want to do what we want to do
Rather than what we are best doing
And when we override that niggling feeling
The consequences always come back to bite us
To refocus us
To ask us to remember why we are here
And who we are
So I need to just be who I am
Whenever I can
Not for reconnection
Not for accolades
But just for giving back and then stepping back
For receiving the gifts of the Universe
As they are meant to be received
And sharing them with those who so choose to accept them
Including myself
And that is why I write
So I can find the light
And surrender to it
Embrace it
Allowing me to stop panicking and just write
From the heart
With love and light

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment