Saturday 21 September 2013

Blessings from the Omega Institute

This morning I woke up feeling truly blessed. Truly a part of the whole. And the reason I do is because I allowed myself the space to breathe. Allowed myself the time to surrender to the voice inside of me. Gave myself permission to move away from the everyday noise of life and to come to a place where there is no outside influence. Only inside influence. No televisions. No telephones. Just the silence of nature and the voice of my own.
I travelled to the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY via train from Penn Station and I knew from the moment the train left the hustle and bustle of the city and entered the picturesque and unexpected scenery of the country of NY that I had given myself a gift. That I had chosen the best way for me to begin unwinding before I started the Women and Power Retreat last night. The landscape on either side of me was almost too much to take in because it was so breathtakingly beautiful and something I had not even thought NY could give me. Water and bridges on one side, woods, lakes, rivers, ponds, homes, pathways, rock faces on the other. I felt like I was in the Land of Oz where fairies and magic would happen at any time. I wished that I could capture the whole journey to share but I realised that journey was for me and could not be captured in any other way but my mind.
When we pulled into the Rhinecliff train station I knew I was where I was meant to be. The station was tiny. Small like the entrance to my own home. Simple without any fanfare. Silent. Water on one side. I inhaled deeply and walked slowly from the train to the taxi waiting for me outside.
As we drove to the Omega Institute, through the quaint town where there stood the oldest Inn in America, I no longer felt the need to talk. Instead I settled back in the seat and allowed the journey to take me deeper inside. Appreciating every aspect of my gift to myself. Then we turned down a tree lined wooded street, a canopy of trees overhead, the sun filtering through the canopy like diamonds dazzling and I felt a deep sense of knowingness come over me.
My cabin sits at the end of the walkway. Separated from the conference. Up a slight incline embraced by trees. At first I was fearful of returning to the cabin at night on my own because the conference was to end at 10pm. But then I decided to accept I was where I was meant to be and whatever was meant to happen to me would happen so there was no need to panic. No need to be fearful of the unknown. But to be present in the moment.
The conference unfolded much better than I even imagined it would. A group of women and a scattering of men, 500 of us from different parts of the world, different lifestyles, ages, races and creed all gathered together in the conference room then joined by the energy of some 2000 others via the web, the energy was electric. Inspiring. And just what I needed.
I received so much last night that I was exhausted when I went to bed. Not even fearful of being in my cabin on my own. As a matter of fact grateful that I was because I needed the time to process what had been delivered to me. To accept and understand it. And when I woke up this morning and sat on my porch overlooking the grass in front of me. Dew glistening on the grass. Mist hanging on to the dampness. Shrouding the air in its mystery and magic. Sunlight streaming through the trees. Squirrels scattering around. A bumble sounding like a hoovercraft buzzing around me. Leaves silently falling to the ground as if it was their last dance. The sound of silence embracing me. Comforting me. I decided to keep the talk of last night in for a little longer. To process it more before putting it on my blog but I will.

Off now for a full day of energy and awakening. Feeling so blessed and so grateful for who I am, always have been and always will be. For choosing to here at this present moment and totally surrendering to my own power, I am truly grateful. Namaste from Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment