Monday 22 April 2013

What a wonderful world we live in


What a beautiful weekend we had. Perfect Spring weather the whole weekend long. Full of possibility, love and light. Breathing space for us all. No excuse to feel shrouded in darkness when we have perfect spring days as we had.
There is so much to be grateful for in this world. So much to be grateful for in our lives. Too often we look for the problems rather than taking the time to express gratitude for the gifts, treasures and abundance of the Universe.
Too often we wait for what can and will go wrong rather than expressing gratitude for all that is right in our lives and is going right.
Too often we are so pessimistic about our lives, our world, the Universe that we contribute to the negativity that prevails. If we were to shift our thoughts from the negativity and embrace all that is positive, we will see a shift in our society. A shift in our perception of our society and in doing so a shift in all that comes our way.
Remembering always we are what we attract.
I read an interesting post last night by Elizabeth Lesser, cofounder of  Omega Institute, and it was all about negative media and the illusion that people want negative news and it is negative news that sells. When in fact what has been discovered is that more people will share positive news than they will negative. More people are enlightened and their hearts feel lighter when they receive positive news than when they receive negative news.
She quoted this wonderful quote from Albert Einstein, “No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.”  There are too many good things on this planet, in our worlds, in our lives than they are bad. But for some reason we have become conditioned to embrace the negative without realizing that by doing so we are actually pulling our lives down, limiting our possibilities and becoming exactly what we don’t like.
Sure there are some things about my life that I am not completely satisfied with. There are some situations in my life that I wish were different but what I am learning is if I accept I am exactly where I am meant to be and if I express gratitude every single day for my life, I will not shut down. Nor will I limit the possibilities that exist for me.
So today is Monday, the beginning of a new week. The beginning of a special week for me. And I am really grateful I woke up this morning. That I experienced such a beautiful weekend. That my family is thriving. That life is wonderful and I am so happy to be a part of this grand stage called life.
Happy week to everyone.  Remembering “no problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.” When we embrace the good, let go of the negative, we become good and we project love and light into our own hearts allowing that love and light to radiate out to everyone that crosses our path. Changing our outlook which ultimately impacts the outlook of others.
What can be a more fitting way to celebrate Earth Day than to express gratitude for the wonderful planet we live on. 
In gratitude for this beautiful world we live in. For the air we breathe. For life itself. Namaste.
If you would like to read Elizabeth Lesser's  post, you may do so @ElizabethLesser.  She can also be found on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment