Thursday 18 April 2013

Tapping into our playful side


Tapping into our playful side was what I woke up with this morning. Giving ourselves the time to be silly. To allow the child buried within us to emerge every once on a while to shake things up. To give our inner child the space to burst free.
What does this mean I thought? How do we embrace our inner child and set her free? I thought about it for a moment then I let it go. Trying not too hard to dwell on it or to take myself too seriously. I then meditated and still I felt I had no answer to my questions. So I decided to just write to see where my writing would take me. To explore this thought in my head.
And then as I started to write, it hit me. Our inner child needs to be let out every once in a while in a fresh and spirited way in order to allow our whole being to be free. Our inner child is that little person hiding in the recesses of our brain who allows us to experience spontaneity, carefreeness and no boundaries.
It is the presence inside us that takes us through our various growth stages and if we don’t allow that presence to be uninhibited, we become stifled. Stymied. Unfulfilled.  Forcing us to take ourselves too seriously. Start missing out on the little things in life that bring us the most joy. Because we have no time to just be in the moment.
I think back over my childhood and I remember those days when the days felt so long,. When the world felt so full of possibility. When I felt so full of possibility. When I used to roam the hills from sun up to sun down. Without a care in the world. When everything felt so large. And there was more than enough for all of us to share.
That’s the playful side that is bursting at the seams to come out to play. That aspect of me that wants to laugh my biggest laugh. That aspect of me that wants to dance until I can’t dance anymore. That aspect of me that wants to explore until I have explored all I can.  That aspect of me that is not afraid to be. Not inhibited by anything. That still believes in magic, fairy tales and make believe.
And then I knew I was being told there is nothing wrong with embracing my inner child. In letting her out not just when she is sad and lonely and reliving her periods of abandonment and confinement. No she must be allowed out when she can dance across the room on her tippy toes. When she can run through the grass barefoot and free. When she can smell the roses and lie on her back looking up at the clouds and seeing images in them. When she can play and play and play. And laugh and laugh.
Just the thought makes my heart sing. My soul vibrate. My spirit soar. So I intend to listen to my inner voice today. And I will tap into my playful side as much as I can. Whenever it feels right. Without thinking too much. Without trying to frame her. Without trying to suppress her.  And that way I will experience more unbounded and unconditional joy.
Because I will allow myself to be fully present in the moment. Not worrying about yesterday or tomorrow. Just being in the moment. Allowing in the abundance, gifts and treasures of the Universe with such gratitude that my playful side will have no choice but to emerge. I'm smiling already and feeling like I can take on anything that comes my way today because I am so full of joy, peace and love. And laughter. In my present moment living place with love.
Try it you might like it as well. Here’s to a playful and joyful day. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment