Friday 26 April 2013

Enraptured by the light of the full moon


Embrace the light of the moon
And the light of the moon will embrace you
Appreciate the light of the moon
And the light of the moon will appreciate you
Every once in a while
I am enraptured by the light of the moon
Captured by the light of the moon
Seduced by the light of the moon
In ways unexpected
In moments of reverence and silence
When the light of the moon calls my name
Asking me to turn
To stop
To shut out the noise
Of the day
To listen to the silence
Of the night
When the light of the moon calls my name
Whispers to me
To appreciate its radiance
To feel it
Allow it to run through my veins
And flow through my whole being
As it did last night
When I stepped out of my car
On my way back from another long day
When the light of the day 
Had turned to the light of the night
When the moon was high in the sky
Casting its light through the dark night
Almost as if someone had turned on the lights
But dimmed them
Just so
Giving me space
To to see the silhouettes
Of the trees
Of the leaves
Of nature
Allowing me to see
There is always light even on the darkest night
That everything has a light
Illuminating us all
We just have to stop and take the time
To look
To appreciate
To feel
The light
I was so glad of my experience last night
When the moon called my name
And I listened
Stopping me in my tracks
Asking me to look
At its fullness
Its abundance
Looking at the bright full moon
The stars by its side
The clouds like wispy protectors
Keeping their distance from the fullness of the moon
So as not to steal
Its light
I felt my burdens lighten
My soul sing
My spirit soar
As the feeling of possibility penetrated me
Expanding me
I listened to the call of the moon last night
And I knew it was telling me to always shine my light
Even on my darkest night
Willing me to remember
The light is there for me always
As it is for anyone who believes
In the magic of the moon
The light of the moon
The dance of the moon
The mystery of the moon
My whole being shook
With the knowingness
Filling every atom, cell, make up of my physical being
Activating my ethereal being’s memory
Until I could move again
And then I turned and walked
Slowly away from the moon
Turning my back to it
But I knew it was within me
That it had awakened me again
To appreciate all that I have
To savour the light that is always mine
I walked up the steps 
Then stopped
To look back in the Southeast direction of my home
And there it was
Waiting
Smiling
Behind the trees
Peering through at me
Whispering my name
Casting silhouetted light
Never leaving
Never waning
As bold and as bright as it could be
Proud and large
I turned away again
This time the smile
On my face
The smile of the moon
Feeling as light as a feather
Winged like a butterfly
And walked into my home
Full of love and light
Embraced by the light of the moon
On a cloudless night
Transformational moment
Of silence
Of reverence
Of appreciation
Every once in a while
I am seduced by the light of the moon
Enraptured by the light of the moon
Captured by the light of the moon
And when I am
I know I am of the light
Of the moon
Of the stars
Of all that is
Was and ever will be
For I am
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment