Friday 14 March 2014

There is no Vermont @ScandalABC

Spoiler Alert – this blog is dedicated to my addiction Scandal so indulge me for a minute as Liv and Fitz like to say. Just one minute. So here we go…
OMG! OMG ! OMG!
To all the @Gladiators out there, we all know what that means. To the nonGladiators, you missed an awesome show last night. Shonda  Rhimes and her team of writers are the best writers on the planet in my opinion. There is nothing that can top ABC’s Scandal – not even close. I can say that because I am totally biased and I don’t really watch anything else on TV because it is this show that keeps me coming back every single week to get my Scandal Fix.
Just when my interest was starting to wane. Just when my faith in where the show was going was starting to slip away, last night I was transported to a whole new level on my favourite show ABC Scandal. I am literally obsessed with this show and last night there were so many OMG moments that I lost count. OMG! OMG!OMG! No one is safe on this show. Nothing is out of bounds. My heart is still racing. Palms are still sweating and it’s the next morning already. Totally awesome show.
As I  told one of my fellow Gladiators during the intense tweeting and Facebooking session last night, my little Samsung tablet could not keep up with the pace that the tweets and posts were streaming so it kept freezing. I swear there was steam coming out of its top as it froze several times. Frustrating me to no end particularly when I felt I had something so profound to say. But then again I was so transfixed by the show that I didn’t mind not posting because I didn’t want to miss a word. How many negative can you count in that sentence. Hopefully they cancel out to mean something positive but whatever - it is Scandal after all!
I am an #Olitz fan all the way but last night I was on the fence for the first time thinking that #Olake may not be such a bad option until Liv turned her back on Jake sending him off the edge. Giving him what little nudge he needed to assume his whole Command persona and go in my opinion “Postal”. The monologue he started and sorted ended with showing that he has some deeply disturbing issues going on in his background that can make him become as cold as ice and as calculating as a fox. Remember power corrupts. And Jake is about to become so corrupted with so many scores he wants and needs to settle that it is firghtening. Chilling thought really.
And then Liv turns back to Fitz and says to him, “Let’s just stop pretending. Let’s just be here.” At first I thought she needed to add, “Be here right now in this moment. With me. You and me together.” But I guess she didn’t need to because when she grabbed his face and took command of their situation for the first time, her actions spoke louder than any words ever could.  The pain in both their faces. The kiss nearly melted my heart. Liv just brought everything back to the present moment. Insulating them from the past and the future that may never be. The reality that is them rather than the fantasy that may never happen for them. “There is no Vermont.” I nearly cried. Sealing their moment with that hungry kiss made me weak. So once again I was strongly an #Olitz fan but with #Olake not too far in the background. Quiver. Quiver.
And then just when I thought I could not be stunned anymore or there could not possibly be anything else that could be done. Jake turns up looking as fine as ever in his black turtle neck and pea jacket, as we called them back in the day, and appeared to shoot people he should not be shooting.  I mean after all isn’t he Command and doesn’t he know that he has been elevated to have people that do that sort of stuff for him. Or was he just trying to show that he is not just a pretty face but a cold and calculating murderer too so he can recruit those who never knew they were capable of being recruited into the elusive B613 into his fold. And whomever he recruited knows not to mess with him.
I don’t know but all I can say is hats off to Shonda Rhimes, her writers and the Scandal team for hurling me back into my addictive state of not being able to wait until the next episode of Scandal. How much more time until next Thursday… 6 days, 137 hours, 8220 seconds – but hey whose counting…

Bring it on @KerryWashington, @TonyGoldwyn, @ScottKFoley, @ ShondaRhimes, @ScandalABC.  Can’t wait to see what happens next. Next Thursday can’t come fast enough…

No comments:

Post a Comment