Saturday 15 March 2014

Happy Birthday to two special people in my life

Difficult starting this morning because I am feeling so ill. No thoughts are coming to my head except to go back to bed. Everything on me feels run down. Congested. Sore. Achy. The typical cold symptoms and I feel bad for feeling ill on this special day - on the day my son came into our lives 15 years ago. The Ides of March.
So I think this blog will be short and sweet to commemorate my son and my mother-in-law as they share this special day together. But at the same time to honour me by allowing myself to go back to bed. And what is so good about this is that my son has reached the age where it doesn’t matter whether his parents plan a special celebration for him, he and his friends have plans to go out today and hang out anyway so he will be fine while I am in bed.
My young man who is broody, moody but has a heart of gold still. Still very sensitive to wanting everyone and everything around him to be okay but yet keeps himself slightly distant. Slightly aloof from the rest of us. But with his eye always on us. The yin and yang of boy on the cusp of manhood.
And it is also my mother in-law’s 88th birthday today. So special that her only grandson and she share the same date. So special that two people that could
be so very different came into this world on the same date. She some73 years before our son.  He in Bermuda. She in England.  Both a connection obviously beyond our comprehension.
She at the ends of her days. He at the beginning. Showing the dichotomy of life. There are always beginnings and endings and journeys in between. Though he is at the beginning and she at the end. Both are still journeying. Both are still experiencing life just at different stages. He with his eyes still wide open. Mind still absorbing like a sponge. Still developing his thoughts. Still trying to find his way. Trying to understand his purpose and where he fits in in this world.
She, on the other hand, has come to terms with lots of things in her life. Has said goodbye to many and just lives out each day as she says grateful when her eyes open in the morning and she is still here. What a lovely thought that there is more gratitude simply from waking up in the morning. If only we can remember this each day when we awake. How much of a miracle it is when we awake each day that we do.
So with that I am accepting my illness, my soreness, my achiness with gratitude because I did wake up this morning grateful for my son, for my mother-in-law and for my family for all they bring into my life. And now I am giving myself permission to go back to bed so I can be here for more days to enjoy them even more when I am feeling 100%.
Happy birthday to my handsome and beautiful son, our dark star who chose us as his parents 15 years ago to help to guide him through his mortal journey. We love him to infinity and beyond. We love watching who he is becoming – both the challenging and the loving.
Happy birthday to my mother-in-law who brought her son into this world for me to love. Showing us both that age is but a number as she still is as feisty and as together she ever. We love her to infinity and beyond.

A special day shared by two special people in my life. Grateful beyond words for them both. With love, honour and respect Happy birthday to you both for including me in your lives. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment