Thursday 20 March 2014

Spring has Sprung, Happy Equinox

Yesterday as I was driving out of my yard, a bird flew right past my windshield and landed on a tree right next to me. Slowing me down enough to see blue out of the corner of my eye. So I stopped and looked to my left to see what bird had come to slow me down.  I was delighted to see it was a blue bird. Sitting proudly on the tree looking back at me. To say I was filled with joy is an understatement. I love blue birds. I think they are some of the most beautiful birds around. And when I saw him I was filled with a knowingness that Spring and lighter days are on their way.
Today is the first day of Spring, the equinox between winter and spring. The ushering in of lighter days. The ushering in of a change of season. I love this time of year when the winds start to die down or are not always as strong as the winds of winter. When the days start to get longer ushering in more light. I love the promise that hangs in the air at this time of the year.
Though we have not had a winter per se this year compared to the wrath of winter others have faced and I am so grateful for that, we still have had the long dark days and I am so ready for the light. For the light that comes from the dark.
This morning when I woke up I realized there was no sound. Only silence.  So silent compared to the nights gone by where the wind had been rattling and banging everything around. At first I could not understand what the sound was or should I say what the lack of sound was. Only after really listening I realised it was the sound of silence. The absence of sound that had captured my attention. Sitting up in bed, I knew and felt it was the sound of Spring coming in silently. Slipping in under the radar. Understated. But present.
And then I remembered my bluebird from the day before flying in front of me. Sitting in the tree next to me waiting for me to see him. To notice him. To feel the spring he was bringing with him. And I jumped out of bed, ready, ready for this new day, for this new Season, for the coming of the longer days of light full of energy and life.
May the sighting of the bluebird by me yesterday represent for me what it represents in spirituality where the bluebird is associated with contentedness and spiritual joy. Often predicting the occurrence of a happy condition or good tidings coming our way. Symbolic of transition or spiritual awakening. I am embracing the symbolism of that little blue bird who was brave enough to stop me in my tracks yesterday. Forcing me to see him, really see him as my omen that I am in transition, on the brink of spiritual awakening as are the seasons.

Spring has Sprung everyone. Happy Spring Equinox to one and all. May this Spring bring with it all the blessings and joy it represents. The light from the darkness. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment