Wednesday 11 July 2012

Full of life. Full of grace


Last evening I came home from a long day at work to a freshly cut lawn. Stopping me instantly in my tracks. Forcing me to stand and look at the beautiful place I live in. The beautiful place I call home.
The green of the grass was vibrant. The trees stately and powerful. The brilliant flowers my husband planted along the new borders he put into our yard. The burst of colours soothing my soul. Like my own Garden of Eden.
I looked at all the beauty that surrounds me every day and whispered a silent thank you to the universe for all the abundance I have in my life. For the smile that spread across my face when I looked at what I see every single day but don’t see sometimes because I am too busy being busy. For forcing me to stop and stand. Just stand. Pushing all sense of busyness aside and letting the wonder of the moment sink through me. Letting the magic of the moment penetrate me. Letting the silence of the moment envelop me. Saying thank you again and again for all that I have. And all that I am about to receive.
For all the trails I have been through and am still going through. For all the hardships that have come and gone in my life. For all the missteps I have taken. I thanked the Universe for them all because standing there yesterday made me realise just how far I have come. Just how many hurdles I have jumped. Just how many closed doors I have managed to go around. And still I stood surrounded by nature’s bounty. Unbroken. Unwavering. Unafraid.
Embracing all that is and all that is to come without expectation. Without judgement. Without busyness. Just being for the moment. Inhaling and exhaling. Breathing in and out. Taking in the life force that surrounds and protects me everyday. Grateful for its invisible presence. Grateful for knowing it exists.
Grateful for taking the time to shift my mood by standing in nature and seeing all that I am and can be. A being of light, love and compassion. A being of nature. A being of infinite possibility. And then I walked with dignity into my home full of grace. Full of love. Full of life.  Full of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment