Wednesday 4 July 2012

Embracing the masculine and feminine


While out walking the other day, I asked the Universe why I keep finding myself facing the same challenges over and over again. Then I surrendered the thought. Just let it go. Continuing on my walk. Taking in the natural beauty with gratitude and abundance.
And then out of nowhere, the thought, “The battle is won only when the deed is done” popped into my head. Repeating over and over again.
Perplexing me. Challenging me to understand its meaning. Asking me to unravel its mystery. So I listened to the words again. Slowly letting them roll through my brain. Like I was massaging them. Caressing them.
Trying to understand why I was jolted by the words. Particularly because they felt so masculine to me. Feminine and womanly me. So contrary to the essence of my being. So I could not understand why in the world something so masculine was haunting me. Trying to understand why something so masculine was asking me to understand it. Confusing me about why I would be thinking about a battle when I dislike wars. When I dislike fighting.
And then it came again but this time with the words transposed. “The deed is done only when the battle is won.”
And then it hit me. I realised with certainty that I am facing the same situations over and over again. Listening to the same complaints like a broken record. Being asked to confront the same issues. Pulled back into the same situations and places because I have not completed my lesson, my deed. Therefore the battle can’t end because I am not finished.
I knew then that the thought was in response to the question I had asked the Universe. But I was still confused about why I was being sent such a masculine response. Was the universe letting me know I was neglecting my masculine energy?  Can’t say I have ever been in touch with my masculine side as it is not the dominant in me. Or is it and I just don’t know or understand its meaning or what it feels like?
Was the Universe trying to allow me glimpses into that side of me? The yang of my yin. Because we all have that male and female energy flowing through us. To remind me to everything there is a mirror opposite in order to create balance.
As I explored the concept more I realised that in order for us to move forward, to step out of the ordinary we have to embrace both the feminine and masculine energy within us to fully comprehend the lessons that come our way. To fully understand the yin and yang of life. To fully appreciate and get the battle is only won when the deed is done. We need to embrace all of us, feminine and masculine, masculine and feminine, to understand the concept that the battle is only won when the deed is done.
And then I exhaled understanding I am male and female, masculine and feminine, yin and yang. And I have to embrace all of me. To become the whole I am meant to be.


2 comments: