Wednesday 16 May 2012

Pick your friends wisely


I was reading my Florida sister’s blog, @The Daily Own, called 12 Lesson Everyone Should Know. And it was this lesson that resonated with me, "If you get in the mud with the pigs, the mud is bound to come off on you.  So pick your friends wisely."
A light bulb went off in my head about why I was feeling so dirty yesterday. It forced me to reflect on an experience I had when I sat in judgement about someone else. Said horrible things about the person because they have said horrible things about me. And it did not feel right deep down in my soul when I said the things I said or afterward either.
My philosophy in life is two wrongs don’t make a right. And just because someone says something hurtful about me does not give me the right to try to hurt them back. Because if I do, I am jumping in the mud and getting covered in it.
I do not like being dirty. And I most definitely do not like being in the mud with pigs. And now I know, yesterday I allowed my ego to take over. Used my ego to make myself feel strong. To feel like I had risen above the attacks of others. But in fact all I did was end up waist deep in the mud. Feeling guilty. Reckless and ashamed that I had.
So reading my sisters’ blog helped me tor remember that I need to be careful about allowing my ego to get in the way of the light, love and peace I want in my life. Because the only way I am going to attract them and keep them in my life is to give them. We always get what we give. It’s the laws of the Universe.
So today I am planning to shower for that little while longer. Washing that mud off my body. Out of my soul and spirit. Cleansing my mind of the guilt and shame for reducing myself to that level. Forgiving myself for doing what I did. Forgiving the person for the unkind words they have been uttering about me. Surrendering to the lesson that I was meant to learn from getting in the mud. And going back out into the world as the beacon of light, love and peace that I am.
And for my sisters in Florida @The Daily Own for reminding me about how much I dislike being in the mud, I am truly grateful.

2 comments: