Monday 21 May 2012

In the place of uncertainty therein lies creativity and purpose


Yesterday morning instead of jumping out of bed, I closed my eyes for a minute and just let the silence come back in. And I listened to it. Heard it. Allowing me to realise that if I was going to get out of bed and enjoy the day with my family I had to stay in the moment. I had to not think of anything beyond the moment of time I was in. And as long as I did, I would see that everything is as it is meant to be. I am where I am meant to be. I can’t go back and change what happened the moment before and I can’t move ahead and change what is to happen in the future.
I got out of bed and read a quote from Deepak Chopra in the O magazine, “...if you get the idea that this is the moment you have- the only moment you have – then you live in the present and you move with the flow because this is the point, right now. ...I embrace the wisdom of uncertainty, because if everything is certain, where is the creativity?”
And then I breathed because I remembered from deep within my core. This is the only moment I have. I got on with my day enjoying every moment of it for what it brought me. Walking along the beach with my family. Looking out at the horizon feeling the possibility that exists even in the midst of haze. Listening to the sound of the ocean. Watching my children jumping off the rocks. Walking side by side with my man. Inhaling the fresh air. Savouring the moment. Not thinking about the second before. The minute before. The hour before. The day before. Not trying to capture the second to come. The minute to come. The hour to come. Or tomorrow.
Knowing that the moment I was in was all I had. Feeling gratitude flowing through me. Releasing the tension. Releasing the frustration. Releasing the desire to correct what I cannot. Enjoying the feel of my energy shifting. Embracing the feelings of  possibility, love, life and purpose.  
Coming back from our walk. Feeling flushed with purpose. To just be in the moment. Baking cookies with my daughter. Cooking my family a meal. Ending our family day with the four of us tightly packed in our queen size bed watching the movie,  Hugo. Receiving even more unexpected gifts from the Universe from the movie.
 Hearing the little boy Hugo say, Machinery has no extra parts. Each part is necessary for it to work. Telling his friend he knew he was not an extra part and he knew she was not an extra part so he knew he had to be here for something as he knew she was. Allowing me to remember I am here for a purpose too. I am not a spare part but a vital part. Remembering we each add a part to the machinery we call life and we are all here for a purpose.
That’s how we ended our family day together, the four of us lying on our bed watching Hugo understand that without purpose we are broken. Reminding me it is up to me to find and live my purpose even on those days when I wake up in a haze. Because it is those days that allow me to seek my truth. To be my truth and to understand that I am the truth because I am all that I am.
And that rather than resisting uncertainty, I shall embrace its wisdom because only then will my creativity flow allowing me to capture and live my life’s purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment