Tuesday 1 May 2012

I am the Gift and the Giver


I woke up yesterday morning feeling the Monday morning blues. Really feeling them. Deep down in my soul. Thinking about all I have to accomplish at work. Thinking of all I had not accomplished at home. Thinking of having to face some people who did not want to be in my space but had to be because we share the same space. Thinking of how I am going to make it through the day. Feeling sorry for myself.
Then I opened my Twitter account and there was a message from two of my Florida sisters telling me that I am a great writer. Inviting me to guest blog for them. Share my blog on their blog, @ The Daily Own. Talking about make my heart sing.
Then I received a message from my old boss with a joke that made me laugh out loud. Followed by a hug from my husband to tell me to go for it. Surrounded by the love of my children. Making my son an old Bermuda concoction of honey, hot water and lemon to clear his allergies then putting him back to bed.  Driving to work singing at the top of my lungs to Beyonce with my daughter. Both of us getting our groove on. Casting aside the Monday morning blues.
When I got to the office, my spiritual mother walked into my office and took me to another level of understanding. Just from her grace. Her presence. Her nonjudgemental love of me and the Universe.
And then I knew the Universe had heard my prayer. My cry for help and was answering me in so many ways. Affirming to me that though I may be challenged there are so many in my life who recognise me for the contributions I am making. My spirit grew stronger as the day passed on. The day that started out dreary and oppressive both metaphorically and physically opened up into bright and glorious light.
I took a break during lunch and went with my husband to Yoga. When I walked into the class it was grey , dull and drizzly. After cleansing my mind, I walked out of the class to a bright sunshiny day.  I walked back to the office with pep in my step. Radiating pure love and light.
Then a co-worker walked into my office and shared a very personal and uplifting story with me. Again the Universe was guiding me to all the positive that exists in this world alongside all that is negative. Reminding me that the positive is always there. It’s just how we frame our perception and outlook as to whether we can see it.
A friend from England sent me an email out of the blue putting a smile on my face. Another friend posted a photo of my husband and me dancing like teenagers adding more sunshine to my day.
Then I came home last night fully expecting to have an early night and got yet another gift from the Universe, the Finale of the @Oprah Lifeclass.  I listened and watched the “Spiritual Squad” of "@Iyanla Vanzant, @Deepak Chopra, @Tony Robbins and @Bishop TD Jakes reminding us that "when we are conscious of the energy we bring into the room, we understand our presence is enough. What we do matters." "Wherever there is appreciation there will be duplication." "Gratitude opens the door to abundance consciousness."
Reminding me that when I change my "expectation for appreciation", the world changes for me. It did yesterday as soon as I recognised the gifts the Universe was bestowing on me. My whole outlook changed and negativity could not get in because I was appreciative of all that crossed my path. Because I recognised they were there to teach me more about me and my response to whatever happens. 
And for yesterday's lessons I am truly grateful. Thank you everyone who helped me to see the light. Thank you Universe for helping me to embrace me. To tell my story. Spread my story to open someone else’s eyes to all the abundance that is so readily available. To remember that I am the Gift and the Giver and that if I see myself as the gift and keep giving without expectation, I am a being of love and light. And that’s what I’ll attract in return.
I woke up yesterday morning feeling the Monday morning blues. I went to bed last night with pure joy, love, light and gratitude for all the abundance in my life. And my heart and soul were full. So to all. The Universe. And to myself. Gratitude. Joy. Love. Light. And peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment