Tuesday 7 January 2014

Shifting the energy begins with us

Yesterday I encountered several negative people. People that were testing me, I believe, to see where I was. To see how I was about to start my New Year. And I almost fell into their trap of wallowing in the pits. Of being gleeful of pulling others down to make us feel better, more superior but in each instance I caught myself and turned the conversations from negative to positive. Trying to change my outlook so in turn I could shift them as well and you know what it worked in most instances. And where it did not, I removed myself from the situation.
Shifting the energy begins with ourselves as we are responsible for the energy we bring into the room. We are responsible for who we are and how we feel. No one else is responsible for the way we feel regardless of what they may have done to us. And more importantly we can’t change anyone else, we can only change the way we react to them. The way we perceive the situation we find ourselves in.
And yesterday when I decided I wanted no part of negativity I found my step was lighter, my outlook was brighter and the day that initially had started out grey, dull and blustery turned into a beautiful day full of love and light because that was what I was feeling. That was the energy I was bringing into the room. Into my life.
Too often we fall into the trap of blaming everyone else for the problems we encounter, for the energy we attract.  Some days will be easier than others to shift our energy because there are days when that’s just the way we are meant to feel. And we have to learn to claim those days for what they are as well as know others will have those days and we cannot  stand in judgment of them but decide whether we want to be in that space or not. And if we don’t want to be in that space then it us up to us to move away to where the sunshine and light is so we may bask in it. Rather than lurking in the shadows wondering when there will ever be light.
There is always light even on our darkest days as there is always good energy,  we just have to be responsible enough for ourselves to be able to find it and appreciate it and be in it if it is meant to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment