Thursday 2 January 2014

A lesson the first day of 2014

Yesterday morning on the first day of the year, I sat out on my porch with Mysty-Blue, our rabbit. I sat in silence and in reverence of being fortunate enough to see the start of the New Year. To see another year come through.
I sat in silence, without expectation, without want or need and just watched. Watched life happening all around me. And was reminded that when we stop, when we listen, when we contemplate in silence, we do not have to ask, we do not have to seek, we do not have to do. What we are meant to see and hear and do come to us without question, without explanation, without reason. Because what we are meant to do or get is always waiting for us to just stop and see that it has been waiting for us all the time. Waiting for us to slow down, to allow the confusion and frustration and overlaid to do list fall to the wayside and allow what is meant for us to rise through them all. For us to see and to appreciate.
I realised this because as I sat in silence and watched, I saw a blue bird sitting on the Poinciana tree waiting for me to see it. Waiting in silence for me to appreciate it - so I did. And as I did, I saw there was not one bluebird but four bluebirds all in total delicately balancing on the branches of the trees. Filling me with love and hope and inspiration. Filling me with the gift and joy of life. Letting me know that there is always something or someone by our side. That we are never alone. That when we stop and listen and go to our place of silence, our place of surrender that’s when we discover the angels by our side, the guides travelling with us, the spirit that connects us all is always with us.

When we surrender and are patient and ask for nothing but the sound of silence that’s when life comes to us showering us with what we are meant to have, to see, to hear, to be. And that’s why I love nature because it is a reminder always of what life is all about- about our place in it - about the need to surrender to the sound of silence. And in  doing so we see, hear and feel it all because we are it all. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment