Monday 24 September 2012

Letting go and letting be


Last night I was feeling down in the dumps because this weekend flew by and I did not give myself the opportunity to do anything I wanted for myself. I was busy doing for everyone else but me. I was also feeling the blues because my hard drive has been replaced but the majority of my documents have been lost. Leaving me feeling lost. Like I have lost part of my inner soul. And just when I was starting to really feel like a victim, I checked myself. Telling myself that life could be a lot worse.  Reminding myself of all I have to be grateful for:
Waking up this morning
Love
My children
My husband
All my family healthy and happy
 Living in a beautiful place and home
The sun shining bright today
The birds singing
Happy and content children
Having a computer
Finding some of my documents
Having the ability to write
Writing
Earning a good standard of living
Living and Breathing
Food to eat – abundance on my table
Abundance in my life
And once I realized and accepted just how much I have to be grateful for, a miracle happened. My mind set shifted and I could breathe again. I felt at peace with all that I had lost. Once I allowed that feeling of peace in, miraculously I found a link on my computer that took me to a drive I had forgotten about which led me to the piece of writing I had been looking for. Hands shaking I opened the document and there it was – preserved and waiting for me. I could almost hear the voice of angels as I felt my faith renewed. Hope restored. Joy in every measure.
Chills ran up and down my spine once I found the document. So much so that I sat back in my chair inhaling the feeling of truly understanding surrender. Of truly understanding the need to release all that we cannot control. Of not holding on to the negative. Of believing in magic and miracles, fairies and unicorns, Santa Claus and tooth fairies. Of accepting there is so much out there we don’t and will never understand but as long as we practice surrender and faith, when we least expect it, a miracle will show up in our lives as it did for me last night. Restoring my faith in the Universe to surrendering to all that I have no control over. Giving me hope that when the time is right, we always get what we need.
What a way to begin a new week – full of faith, hope, possibility and trust. And most of all understanding the importance of letting go and letting be.

No comments:

Post a Comment